Founded by Dr. Priscilla Chan and Mark Zuckerberg in 2015, the Chan Zuckerberg Initiative (CZI) is a new kind of philanthropy that’s leveraging technology to help solve some of the world’s toughest challenges – from eradicating disease, to improving education, to reforming the criminal justice system. Across three core Initiative focus areas of Science, Education and Justice and Opportunity, we’re pairing engineering with grantmaking, impact investing, policy work, and movement building, to help build an inclusive, just and healthy future for everyone.
We believe we can help build a future for everyone.
- We aim to be daring, but humble: We look for bold ideas — regardless of structure and stage — and help them scale by pairing engineers with subject matter experts to build tools that accelerate the pace of social progress.
- We want to learn fast, but build for the long-term: We want to iterate fast and help bring new solutions to the table, but we also realize that important breakthroughs often take decades, or even centuries.
- Stay close to the real problems: We engage directly in the communities we serve because no one understands our society’s challenges like those who live them every day.
Our success is dependent on building teams that include people from different backgrounds and experiences who can challenge each other's assumptions with fresh perspectives. To that end, we look for a diverse pool of applicants including those from historically marginalized groups — women, people with disabilities, people of color, formerly incarcerated people, people who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and/or gender nonconforming, first and second generation immigrants, veterans, and people from different socioeconomic backgrounds.
As we grow and expand the systems and processes that our team supports, our Infrastructure and Security team is seeking an experienced technology business partner to help optimize and scale People and Finance Systems support by partnering with System Administrators to advise, test, document, and communicate changes to end-users and business partners as well as manage enhancement projects.
The Technology Business Partner will be the strategic partner to our People and Finance teams, playing an integral role in ensuring that HR and Finance strategy fits into the organization's overall Infrastructure strategy. You will be an integral contributor to a world-class engineering team, focused on growth from within the organization and mentorship.
- Design and ensure delivery of high quality solutions.
- Develop, build, and nurture partnerships with People and Finance teams and Systems Administrators
- Provide guidance and strategic direction on solution design to ensure that CZI is building the people and finance systems infrastructure for the long term
- Identify and contribute to programs and processes across the Business Systems team
- Design, document, and implement unit, integration, and parallel test plans.
- Use your excellent written and verbal communication, leadership skills, and unquestioned integrity to lead and influence the teams you work with
- Utilize system metrics and data to aid in strategic decision making and creating solutions
- Review and advise on system and integration designs to enable user self-service functionality for business partner teams and end-users
- Embrace and understand the unique and nuanced business requirements of multiple teams operating in the same systems, support the design and implementation of new solutions, serving as an internal champion for both Finance and People teams
- 5+ years of HR and Finance domain experience in a rapidly scaling organization
- 5+ demonstrated experience building & scaling programs in a technology organization
- Deep experience problem solving solutions for limited system functionality and working cross functionally
- Ability to distill and simplify complex requests into clear and actionable development projects, with a proven ability to navigate ambiguity and to persevere through project road-bumps
- Excellent communication skills; able to build working relationships with core and cross-functional teams, in particular communicating technical concepts between audiences of varying backgrounds
- Experience with progressive HRIS & Financial systems experience in support, implementations and/or upgrades
- Experience and understanding of Core HR Systems. and processes including Compensation Management, Position Management, Payroll, Recruiting, and Business Process Design
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate and work with a diverse stakeholder team, with demonstrated ability to lead via influence, in cross-functional environments to successfully execute against a specific goal
- Organized, methodical and detail-oriented, with a passion for data analysis and problem-solving, leveraging organizational awareness to empower others to accomplish project objectives.
- Motivations align with our values of learning fast and building for the long term
- Comfortable taking on additional job responsibilities as needed, demonstrated willingness to get involved in the details to achieve the team's end goals
- 4+ years of experience supporting HR and/or Finance systems
- Preferred: Experience with Workday and Greenhouse configuration and support
- Preferred: Experience with Salesforce configuration