Founded by Dr. Priscilla Chan and Mark Zuckerberg in 2015, the Chan Zuckerberg Initiative (CZI) is a new kind of philanthropy that’s leveraging technology to help solve some of the world’s toughest challenges – from eradicating disease, to improving education, to reforming the criminal justice system. Across three core Initiative focus areas of Science, Education and Justice and Opportunity, we’re pairing engineering with grantmaking, impact investing, policy work, and movement building, to help build an inclusive, just and healthy future for everyone.
We believe we can help build a future for everyone.
- We aim to be daring, but humble: We look for bold ideas — regardless of structure and stage — and help them scale by pairing engineers with subject matter experts to build tools that accelerate the pace of social progress.
- We want to learn fast, but build for the long-term: We want to iterate fast and help bring new solutions to the table, but we also realize that important breakthroughs often take decades, or even centuries.
- Stay close to the real problems: We engage directly in the communities we serve because no one understands our society’s challenges like those who live them every day.
Our success is dependent on building teams that include people from different backgrounds and experiences who can challenge each other's assumptions with fresh perspectives. To that end, we look for a diverse pool of applicants including those from historically marginalized groups — women, people with disabilities, people of color, formerly incarcerated people, people who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and/or gender nonconforming, first and second generation immigrants, veterans, and people from different socioeconomic backgrounds.
Responsible for monitoring all aspects of the delivery of People and Finance Systems bug/enhancement requests at the Chan Zuckerberg Initiative. This role will help optimize and scale People and Finance Systems business processes by partnering with System Administrators to advise, test, document, and communicate changes to end-users and business partners as well as manage enhancement projects.
- Act as an internal consultant to support Human Resources, Recruiting, and Finance inquiries regarding navigating systems, bug/enhancement status/timelines, and documentation needs.
- Manage ticketing system; prioritize tickets, assign new items to relevant POCs, maintain SLAs, report on metrics
- Manage security/data requests by defining, documenting, and enforcing system standards
- Drive Finance and HR Data Quality; regularly perform data audits and validation; flag issues to appropriate teams for timely resolution
- Proactively identify gaps and solutions to improve user experience, data integrity, and streamline processes
- Manage quarterly Workday releases; develop test plan, partner with XFN teams to identify relevant functionality; develop configuration timelines for Workday Admins
- Responsible for end-user support, testing, and training to enhance and optimize HR and Finance processes
- Participate in the regular review of financial management and human capital management systems projects and provide input based on recurring support issues
- Create project plans to drive the timely delivery of projects and systems releases
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines, handle and prioritize simultaneous requests, and manage laterally and upwards
- Creative and analytical thinking with strong problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills
- Flexibility to meet continuously changing priorities and challenges
- Strong organizational and time-management skills, proven ability to prioritize and deliver results on time
- Ability to partner with cross functional teams in HR, Recruiting, Finance, and IT
- Demonstrated experience in support for Business Systems related domains (Staffing, Headcount Planning, Benefits, Recruiting, etc.), Position Management Tools, and/or Financial Tools
- End-user experience navigating in Workday
- Exceptional Product and Customer Service Support skills and experience
- Demonstrated ability to navigate technology and/or fast paced environments
- Proficiency in data manipulation
- Demonstrated Project Management experience, ability to identify and manage project risks and dependencies
- Ability to collaborate with application engineers and business teams to plan, design, develop project and product enhancements
- Experience supporting integrations with third party applications and/or internal tools