Founded by Dr. Priscilla Chan and Mark Zuckerberg in 2015, the Chan Zuckerberg Initiative (CZI) is a new kind of philanthropy that’s leveraging technology to help solve some of the world’s toughest challenges – from eradicating disease, to improving education, to reforming the criminal justice system. Across three core Initiative focus areas of Science, Education and Justice and Opportunity, we’re pairing engineering with grantmaking, impact investing, policy work, and movement building, to help build an inclusive, just and healthy future for everyone.
We believe we can help build a future for everyone.
- We aim to be daring, but humble: We look for bold ideas — regardless of structure and stage — and help them scale by pairing engineers with subject matter experts to build tools that accelerate the pace of social progress.
- We want to learn fast, but build for the long-term: We want to iterate fast and help bring new solutions to the table, but we also realize that important breakthroughs often take decades, or even centuries.
- Stay close to the real problems: We engage directly in the communities we serve because no one understands our society’s challenges like those who live them every day.
Our success is dependent on building teams that include people from different backgrounds and experiences who can challenge each other's assumptions with fresh perspectives. To that end, we look for a diverse pool of applicants including those from historically marginalized groups — women, people with disabilities, people of color, formerly incarcerated people, people who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and/or gender nonconforming, first and second generation immigrants, veterans, and people from different socioeconomic backgrounds.
The Chan Zuckerberg Initiative (CZI) is seeking smart, creative, and self-motivated professionals who are passionate about helping others to join us on our education team. As a Teacher Support Lead, you will work on a team focused on delivering high-quality, empathetic, and delightful experiences for educators, parents, and students using the Summit Learning Platform.
CZI partners closely with Summit Learning to operate the Summit Learning Platform. The platform serves middle and high schools across the country and allows teachers to meet the unique needs of every individual student and ensure that every child is set up for college and career success. You can visit the Summit Learning homepage to learn more.
About The Role
We are hiring individuals who are able to work from our Redwood City, CA offices. This role will be responsible for systems management of our support team, ensuring that we are providing best in class technical customer support to users of the Summit Learning Platform.
- Define and ensure achievement of clear key performance indicators (KPIs), service level agreements (SLAs), and quality assurance standards (QA) for the Teacher Support team
- Manage and iterate upon support workflows within our support ticketing system (Zendesk).
- Provide white glove technical assistance to school and district leaders
- Take part of the on call rotation, and drive resolution during sensitive escalated support and security incidents
- Monitor support queues, and assist with completion of queues by responding to user requests via tickets, live chat, phone calls, or in-person help desk
- Become a Summit Learning Platform expert and identify, prioritize, and problem solve a wide range of technical and user experience pain points based on on-the-ground insights, direct engagement with users and other key stakeholders, and technical expertise
- Manage cross-functional projects to ensure a high-quality user experience in areas such as inter-team learning & development, oncall engineering processes, enrollment/white glove support, escalated district support, etc.
- Travel within the continental US at least three times a year
Who You Are
You are driven by opportunities to innovate. You think quickly, creatively, compassionately, and articulately. You are motivated by the ability to help others. You are passionate about bringing personalized learning to classrooms across the country.
- Experience in customer support or related field; specialized experience in systems management or learning & development for customer support teams preferred
- Proven ability to identify opportunities and define operational improvements
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to engage internal and external stakeholders, at all levels
- Comfort with ambiguity in a rapidly changing environment and the ability to flex and adapt
Bonus: You have worked in the education field in some capacity