Founded by Dr. Priscilla Chan and Mark Zuckerberg in 2015, the Chan Zuckerberg Initiative (CZI) is a new kind of philanthropy that’s leveraging technology to help solve some of the world’s toughest challenges – from eradicating disease, to improving education, to reforming the criminal justice system. Across three core Initiative focus areas of Science, Education and Justice and Opportunity, we’re pairing engineering with grantmaking, impact investing, policy work, and movement building, to help build an inclusive, just and healthy future for everyone.
We believe we can help build a future for everyone.
- We aim to be daring, but humble: We look for bold ideas — regardless of structure and stage — and help them scale by pairing engineers with subject matter experts to build tools that accelerate the pace of social progress.
- We want to learn fast, but build for the long-term: We want to iterate fast and help bring new solutions to the table, but we also realize that important breakthroughs often take decades, or even centuries.
- Stay close to the real problems: We engage directly in the communities we serve because no one understands our society’s challenges like those who live them every day.
Our success is dependent on building teams that include people from different backgrounds and experiences who can challenge each other's assumptions with fresh perspectives. To that end, we look for a diverse pool of applicants including those from historically marginalized groups — women, people with disabilities, people of color, formerly incarcerated people, people who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and/or gender nonconforming, first and second generation immigrants, veterans, and people from different socioeconomic backgrounds.
The Corporate Infrastructure team is responsible for configuring and maintaining the systems that power CZI’s IT infrastructure. As a System Administrator on the team, you will work cross-functionally within CZI’s Infrastructure team, and across the organization, to deploy modern enterprise systems that drive the work behind our mission.
This role falls under the Infrastructure organization, which works on building shared tools and platforms used across all of the Chan Zuckerberg Initiative.
- Administer CZI’s corporate systems in a modern, cloud-first environment.
- Build integrations between systems to automate user provisioning and authentication.
- Leverage MDM tools for profile management, app deployment, and provisioning of devices in a cross-platform environment (macOS, Windows, Linux, Chrome OS).
- Partner with the Helpdesk and other teams to find creative solutions to system-wide issues.
- Collaborate with our New Builds team on evaluating new technology for our buildings.
- Use data to ensure that our corporate systems remain patched and optimized.
- Share knowledge by contributing to internal and user-facing documentation of corporate systems.
- Participate in on-call rotations.
- 5+ years of experience working in one or more of the following areas:
- Managing cloud-based Identity and Access Management systems such as Okta.
- Configuring cloud-based collaboration systems such as G Suite or Office 365.
- Managing end user devices using Mobile Device Management systems such as AirWatch, MobileIron, or JAMF.
- Managing enterprise systems in AWS, Azure, or GCP. (Experience using Terraform, Chef, Ansible, and/or Puppet is a plus)
- Familiarity with scripting and automation using languages such as Bash or PowerShell.
- Passion for building reliable systems, and a demonstrated willingness to get your hands dirty and do whatever it takes to achieve the team's end goals.