Founded by Dr. Priscilla Chan and Mark Zuckerberg in 2015, the Chan Zuckerberg Initiative (CZI) is a new kind of philanthropy that’s leveraging technology to help solve some of the world’s toughest challenges – from eradicating disease, to improving education, to reforming the criminal justice system. Across three core Initiative focus areas of Science, Education and Justice and Opportunity, we’re pairing engineering with grantmaking, impact investing, policy work, and movement building, to help build an inclusive, just and healthy future for everyone.
We believe we can help build a future for everyone.
- We aim to be daring, but humble: We look for bold ideas — regardless of structure and stage — and help them scale by pairing engineers with subject matter experts to build tools that accelerate the pace of social progress.
- We want to learn fast, but build for the long-term: We want to iterate fast and help bring new solutions to the table, but we also realize that important breakthroughs often take decades, or even centuries.
- Stay close to the real problems: We engage directly in the communities we serve because no one understands our society’s challenges like those who live them every day.
Our success is dependent on building teams that include people from different backgrounds and experiences who can challenge each other's assumptions with fresh perspectives. To that end, we look for a diverse pool of applicants including those from historically marginalized groups — women, people with disabilities, people of color, formerly incarcerated people, people who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and/or gender nonconforming, first and second generation immigrants, veterans, and people from different socioeconomic backgrounds.
The Product Manager for Grantmaking and Legal Systems is responsible for the overall success of the technology products powering Grantmaking and Legal Agreements Processing at the Chan Zuckerberg Initiative. Working in close partnership with our Grants Management and Legal teams, you will continue to develop and deliver on a roadmap that drives user success while staying aligned with our privacy principles and organizational values.
Our Grantmaking and Legal products are built as part of our CRM ecosystem. Our CRM platform is a system of action for 300 team members: driving clarity, confidence and collaboration with our partnership & investments work across initiatives and functional groups.
By pairing engineers with leaders in our education, science, and justice and opportunity teams, we can bring technology to the table in new ways to help drive solutions. We are uniquely positioned to design, build, and scale software systems to help educators, scientists, and policy experts better address the myriad challenges they face. Our technology team is already helping schools bring personalized learning tools to teachers and schools across the country and supporting scientists around the world as they develop a comprehensive reference atlas of all cells in the human body.
- Responsible for the core maintenance and ongoing success of the Granmaking and Legal Agreements Processing Systems within CZI’s internal tool set
- Agreements System
- Provides an Internal, structured system of record for signed contracts, and their related records
- Provides a system for contract review and approval by the Legal Team
- Generates contract documents, automating where possible
- Aligns our Infosec Team and other stakeholders during the review process
- Grants System
- Provides a full-lifecycle internal Grant operations system, spanning all necessary functions
- Program alignment, outcomes description, organizational diligence, payment distribution, reporting schedule, and collaboration
- Provides a Request for Applications platform that engages external stakeholders (Potential Grantees and Reviewers) to move the grantee & reviewer process forward
- Provides a Portal where our Grantees have a space to engage with us in relation to the grants that they have received
- Responsible building and delivering technical roadmap
- When the need for new or enhanced functionality arises, building out the structure to do fill this need
- Responsible for defining and delivering on a roadmap
- Responsible for user growth growth and encouraging internal users to adopt the products
- Following through with users and training
- Ensuring that users are able to effectively leverage activities and tasks to support their workflow
- Promote user self-service through training and leadership
- Assisting with customizing existing reports and data manipulation
- Excellent communication skills and a proven record of delivering on strategic systems initiatives
- Experience with Grantmaking and Legal workflows (or similar - EG: revenue operations)
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines, handle and prioritize simultaneous requests, and manage laterally and upwards
- Creative and analytical thinker with strong problem-solving skills
- Must demonstrate exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Must demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization
- Ability to assess the impact of new requirements on Salesforce.com and all upstream and downstream applications, systems and processes
- Confirmed ability to design and implement new processes and facilitate user adoption
- Strong understanding of the platform, with the ability to build custom apps and objects, formula fields, workflows, custom views, and other content of intermediate complexity
- Strong understanding of Salesforce.com best practices and functionality
- A demonstrated ability to understand and articulate complex requirements
- Previous experience working in a SCRUM or agile environment preferred
- Understanding of the Salesforce sharing model, profiles, role hierarchies, connected apps, and the Salesforce.com API.
- Thorough understanding of custom objects, fields, validation rule, workflow rules, process flows, and visual workflow--and knowledge of which situations are appropriate for each
- Understanding of the Salesforce sharing model, profiles, role hierarchies, connected apps, and the Salesforce.com API
- Experience working with Salesforce lightning interface
- Experience with Pardot a plus