Founded by Dr. Priscilla Chan and Mark Zuckerberg in 2015, the Chan Zuckerberg Initiative (CZI) is a new kind of philanthropy that’s leveraging technology to help solve some of the world’s toughest challenges – from eradicating disease, to improving education, to reforming the criminal justice system. Across three core Initiative focus areas of Science, Education and Justice and Opportunity, we’re pairing engineering with grantmaking, impact investing, policy work, and movement building, to help build an inclusive, just and healthy future for everyone.
We believe we can help build a future for everyone.
- We aim to be daring, but humble: We look for bold ideas — regardless of structure and stage — and help them scale by pairing engineers with subject matter experts to build tools that accelerate the pace of social progress.
- We want to learn fast, but build for the long-term: We want to iterate fast and help bring new solutions to the table, but we also realize that important breakthroughs often take decades, or even centuries.
- Stay close to the real problems: We engage directly in the communities we serve because no one understands our society’s challenges like those who live them every day.
Our success is dependent on building teams that include people from different backgrounds and experiences who can challenge each other's assumptions with fresh perspectives. To that end, we look for a diverse pool of applicants including those from historically marginalized groups — women, people with disabilities, people of color, formerly incarcerated people, people who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and/or gender nonconforming, first and second generation immigrants, veterans, and people from different socioeconomic backgrounds.
The Chan Zuckerberg Initiative (CZI) is seeking smart, creative, and self-motivated professionals who are passionate about helping others to join us on our education team. As a Teacher Support Specialist, you will work on a team focused on delivering high-quality, empathetic, and delightful experiences for educators, parents, and students using the Summit Learning Platform.
CZI partners closely with Summit Learning to operate the Summit Learning Platform. The platform serves middle and high schools across the country and allows teachers to meet the unique needs of every individual student and ensure that every child is set up for college and career success. You can visit the Summit Learning homepage to learn more.
You are driven by opportunities to innovate. You think quickly, creatively, compassionately, and articulately. You are motivated by the ability to help others. You are passionate about bringing personalized learning to classrooms across the country.
We are hiring individuals who are able to work from our Redwood City, CA offices.
- Become a Summit Learning Platform product expert
- Respond to user requests quickly and with care via our support ticketing system (Zendesk), live chat, phone calls, or in-person help desk
- Troubleshoot problems with users
- Educate users on how to use the Summit Learning Platform
- Partner with engineering to prioritize and fix technical problems
- Take on cross-functional projects to ensure a high quality user experience
- Pinpoint inefficiencies in our support processes and spearhead improvements
- Travel within the continental US at least three times a year
- Detail-oriented with a drive for high-quality output
- Compassionate, empathetic, and eager to help others
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and able to adapt to change quickly
- Ability to pick up new technology quickly
- Strong writing skills, including complete command of English grammar and mechanics
- Able to effectively multitask and remain cool under pressure
- Self-starter with proven organizational and problem-solving skills
- Previous customer service experience a plus
- Bonus: You have worked in the education field in some capacity