Founded by Dr. Priscilla Chan and Mark Zuckerberg in 2015, the Chan Zuckerberg Initiative (CZI) is a new kind of philanthropy that’s leveraging technology to help solve some of the world’s toughest challenges – from eradicating disease, to improving education, to reforming the criminal justice system. Across three core Initiative focus areas of Science, Education and Justice and Opportunity, we’re pairing engineering with grantmaking, impact investing, policy work, and movement building, to help build an inclusive, just and healthy future for everyone.
We believe we can help build a future for everyone.
- We aim to be daring, but humble: We look for bold ideas — regardless of structure and stage — and help them scale by pairing engineers with subject matter experts to build tools that accelerate the pace of social progress.
- We want to learn fast, but build for the long-term: We want to iterate fast and help bring new solutions to the table, but we also realize that important breakthroughs often take decades, or even centuries.
- Stay close to the real problems: We engage directly in the communities we serve because no one understands our society’s challenges like those who live them every day.
Our success is dependent on building teams that include people from different backgrounds and experiences who can challenge each other's assumptions with fresh perspectives. To that end, we look for a diverse pool of applicants including those from historically marginalized groups — women, people with disabilities, people of color, formerly incarcerated people, people who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and/or gender nonconforming, first and second generation immigrants, veterans, and people from different socioeconomic backgrounds.
The Contingent Workforce Coordinator will work across the company to help support with compliance, education, and management of the CZI Contingent Workforce Program. This role will report to the Contingent Workforce Business Partner and be responsible for supporting the full contingent worker lifecycle from onboarding, offboarding, data integrity, and ensuring an overall smooth and positive experience for all stakeholders.
As the Contingent Workforce Coordinator, you will be responsible for:
- Day-to-day management of onboarding, offboarding, and overall Contingent Worker experience - this will include scheduling orientations, managing Contingent Workers through WorkDay (our system of record), any necessary collaboration/coordination with IT, HR, and Legal, and any other duties to support positive experiences for both contingent workers and CZI assignment managers.
- Executing and monitoring assignment notifications to Contingent Worker Assignment Managers on approaching assignment end dates, extensions, check-ins
- Maintaining and updating internal standard operating procedures (SOP) for day-to-day program projects and tasks
- Providing first line support for all Contingent Worker requests, communicating with all internal parties and external vendors for resolution
- Performing weekly audits of system data in CZI’s system to ensure CZI is accounting for and has visibility of all Contingent Workers
- Supporting the coordination of CZI’s semi-annual company events recognizing the Contingent Workforce
- Overseeing Contingent Worker sourcing requisitions and monitor resumes submittals by sourcing suppliers
- Supporting with ad hoc program projects
- Supporting other Central Operations activities as needed
- 1-3 years of experience in an office environment
- Intermediate knowledge of Excel
- Excellent operational, analytical, and organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal, conflict-resolution and problem-solving skills
- Strong time management skills and the ability to communicate effectively
- Experience collaborating and coordinating with multiple stakeholders
- Event planning and project management experience are a plus