Founded by Dr. Priscilla Chan and Mark Zuckerberg in 2015, the Chan Zuckerberg Initiative (CZI) is a new kind of philanthropy that’s leveraging technology to help solve some of the world’s toughest challenges – from eradicating disease, to improving education, to reforming the criminal justice system. Across three core Initiative focus areas of Science, Education and Justice and Opportunity, we’re pairing engineering with grantmaking, impact investing, policy work, and movement building, to help build an inclusive, just and healthy future for everyone.
We believe we can help build a future for everyone.
- We aim to be daring, but humble: We look for bold ideas — regardless of structure and stage — and help them scale by pairing engineers with subject matter experts to build tools that accelerate the pace of social progress.
- We want to learn fast, but build for the long-term: We want to iterate fast and help bring new solutions to the table, but we also realize that important breakthroughs often take decades, or even centuries.
- Stay close to the real problems: We engage directly in the communities we serve because no one understands our society’s challenges like those who live them every day.
Our success is dependent on building teams that include people from different backgrounds and experiences who can challenge each other's assumptions with fresh perspectives. To that end, we look for a diverse pool of applicants including those from historically marginalized groups — women, people with disabilities, people of color, formerly incarcerated people, people who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and/or gender nonconforming, first and second generation immigrants, veterans, and people from different socioeconomic backgrounds.
The Chan Zuckerberg Initiative seeks a full-time Executive Assistant to support three to four directors on the Science Technology team and act as a liaison and representative for the team and the organization. You must have strong communication skills, incredible attention to detail, be able to work independently and always be one step ahead. You will need to be a masterful problem-solver and an organizational whiz given complex cross-functionality of the team. S/he will manage administrative operations, including scheduling travel and meetings, expense reporting, and planning events among other duties.
- Lead an extensive array of administrative tasks for the senior leaders that requires you to organize logistics both in advance and with last-minute changes: wrangle hectic calendars and prioritize time, book travel, plan events, etc.
- Leverage the team’s time and energy to maximize efficiency and effectiveness
- Juggle an array of projects and events in support of the team
- Build and develop cross-functional relationships internally
- Managing expense reporting
- Other tasks as requested, including but not limited to event planning and project support work
- At least 3+ years professional experience with related administrative work in a start-up or equally fast-paced environment, preferred but not required.
- Self-starter with excellent time management skills – ability to manage a great deal of information, tasks, and relationships.
- Strong interpersonal skills and clear communicator.
- Ability to react positively and quickly to last-minute changes in logistics or needs.
- Excellent attention to detail and follow-through.
- Responsible and conscientious decision-maker with integrity, excellent judgment, and respect for confidentiality.
- Technology-proficient; comfortable communicating virtually and learning new office tools. Experience with Microsoft Office, Google Apps, and Salesforce is a plus, ability to navigate or learn other platforms as needed.