Founded by Dr. Priscilla Chan and Mark Zuckerberg in 2015, the Chan Zuckerberg Initiative (CZI) is a new kind of philanthropy that’s leveraging technology to help solve some of the world’s toughest challenges – from eradicating disease, to improving education, to reforming the criminal justice system. Across three core Initiative focus areas of Science, Education and Justice and Opportunity, we’re pairing engineering with grantmaking, impact investing, policy work, and movement building, to help build an inclusive, just and healthy future for everyone.
We believe we can help build a future for everyone.
- We aim to be daring, but humble: We look for bold ideas — regardless of structure and stage — and help them scale by pairing engineers with subject matter experts to build tools that accelerate the pace of social progress.
- We want to learn fast, but build for the long-term: We want to iterate fast and help bring new solutions to the table, but we also realize that important breakthroughs often take decades, or even centuries.
- Stay close to the real problems: We engage directly in the communities we serve because no one understands our society’s challenges like those who live them every day.
Our success is dependent on building teams that include people from different backgrounds and experiences who can challenge each other's assumptions with fresh perspectives. To that end, we look for a diverse pool of applicants including those from historically marginalized groups — women, people with disabilities, people of color, formerly incarcerated people, people who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and/or gender nonconforming, first and second generation immigrants, veterans, and people from different socioeconomic backgrounds.
Our mission is to support science and technology that will help make it possible to cure, prevent, or manage all diseases by the end of the century. Interdisciplinary teams of physicians, biologists, computational scientists, and engineers can expand our understanding of the human body and illness — the very science behind medicine. CZI fosters collaboration between scientists and engineers, develops tools and technologies, and builds support for basic scientific research. In addition to supporting individual project collaborations, we support the Chan Zuckerberg Biohub, an independent nonprofit research hub to bring scientists and engineers together from Stanford, UCSF, UC Berkeley, along with the engineering team from CZI.
At CZI Science, our Product team focuses on opportunities to deliver and scale value and impact, not revenue. Our Technology team is seeking an inquisitive, and versatile Senior Product Marketing Manager who has the capability to incubate, resource, and lead products in all stages of the development cycle.
As a team, we:
- Deliver products that accelerate science
- Identify products that would be underfunded as commercial ventures
- Build communities by collaborating and using technology
To achieve these goals, you will have the chance to work closely with a dynamic and collaborative team of scientists, computational biologists, engineers, designers, and user researchers who are focused on supporting the scientific community at-large. Supporting the pillars of funding, convenings, and technology, you will help shape and drive the pillar of technology as CZI grows.
We build products like Meta, a semantic discovery tool that provides a faster way to understand, organize and explore science through personalized feeds.
We collaborate on products like:
- IDSeq, a metagenomics platform focused on delivering insights in infectious disease
- Starfish, an open-source image processing framework, enabling access to multiplex image-based transcriptomics analysis
- Napari, a fast, interactive, multi-dimensional image viewer
- cellxgene, an open source interactive data explorer for single-cell transcriptomics data
- The Human Cell Atlas (HCA) Data Coordination Platform, the central platform to process and serve single cell data to the HCA community, focused on building a comprehensive reference map of all human cells
- Meta a research discovery tool that provides a faster way to understand, organize and explore science through personalized feeds
As the Product Marketing Manager for Meta, you will lead our efforts to develop compelling narratives, outreach, content marketing and campaigns that are aligned with program and product goals. Our Product Marketing Manager will help grow the adoption of the Meta application and content platform across multiple segments of researchers, publishers, societies, and users across the globe.
- Activate the Meta value proposition for researchers, societies, publishers, and their organizations
- Lead all product marketing efforts, including landscape analysis, messaging, go-to-market strategy, content development, field and channel enablement
- Develop a robust and global outreach effort in collaboration with Science program and partnership team
- Create opportunities to grow Meta through partnerships, thought leadership, community involvement, persona targeting and related content and communication strategies
- Promote strong feedback loops with the product, program teams, and content teams to craft compelling narratives, enablement materials, and customer communications
- Build customer personas, segmentation, and develop content tailored to customers throughout their lifecycle, to increase feature usage and grow member organizations
- Work with partners to develop effective co-marketing strategies that demonstrate the power of tools that integrate with Meta
- Measure results across efforts and constantly find creative ways to maintain momentum and engagement after launches
- Partner closely with product managers, program, partnership, content, events, communications, pr, brand teams to effectively deliver on a coordinated and cohesive go to market strategy.
- Domain knowledge of scholarly content and analytics solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to develop, execute, and measure marketing initiatives that drive researcher audiences to action.
- Strong people skills, mentoring, coaching and development experience.
- Validated ability to grow awareness of and engagement with content, analytics, or science based products
- An open and collaborative mindset