The Chan Zuckerberg Initiative is dedicated to advancing human potential and promoting equal opportunity through technology, grantmaking, impact investing, policy, and advocacy work. We look for bold ideas — regardless of structure and stage — and help them scale by pairing world-class engineers with subject matter experts to build tools that accelerate the pace of social progress.
WHAT WE BELIEVE
We engage directly in the communities we serve because no one understands how to address our society’s challenges better than those who live them every day. These partners help us identify problems and opportunities, learn fast and iterate toward our audacious goals for the next century. We strive to be humble, empathetic and scrappy life-long learners who work collaboratively to develop community-centered solutions.
We believe that high-performing teams include people from different backgrounds and experiences who can challenge each other's assumptions with fresh perspectives. To that end, the Chan Zuckerberg Initiative actively seeks a diverse pool of applicants including those from historically marginalized groups -- women, people with disabilities, people of color, formerly incarcerated people, people who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and/or gender non-conforming, first and second-generation immigrants, and people from low-income families.
Meta's Application Services Team (APS) builds and supports meta.org, enabling researchers to access our comprehensive knowledge graph of scientific research, with features and tools, to help them discover new research and stay up to date.
Members of the team have a direct impact on all features of Meta and its products to accelerate science and literature discovery. A person in this role not only works closely with their team members but with the product, research science and analytics teams to design, build and support technical solutions. This individual will also support us in our ongoing goal of cultivating a culture of shared best practices and knowledge around web application engineering.
- Co-lead Frontend Engineering - designing, building, analyzing and improving the efficiency, stability, and resiliency of the Meta Web application
- Partner directly with product managers and engineering leaders to create features and technical road maps
- Provide technical mentorship to junior and intermediate engineers
- Collaborate with the shared infrastructure team and evangelize best practices in the team
Must have experience:
- 8+ years of relevant coding experience
- Server-Side Rendering
- RESTful API design and best practices
- Other scripting languages such as Python, PHP, Ruby, Shell
Nice to have experience:
- Tech Lead for 3-5 frontend engineers
- Factoring for accessibility
- Developing UI toolkits
- Building progressive Web apps