Founded by Dr. Priscilla Chan and Mark Zuckerberg in 2015, the Chan Zuckerberg Initiative (CZI) is a new kind of philanthropy that’s leveraging technology to help solve some of the world’s toughest challenges – from eradicating disease, to improving education, to reforming the criminal justice system. Across three core Initiative focus areas of Science, Education and Justice and Opportunity, we’re pairing engineering with grantmaking, impact investing, policy work, and movement building, to help build an inclusive, just and healthy future for everyone.
We believe we can help build a future for everyone.
- We aim to be daring, but humble: We look for bold ideas — regardless of structure and stage — and help them scale by pairing engineers with subject matter experts to build tools that accelerate the pace of social progress.
- We want to learn fast, but build for the long-term: We want to iterate fast and help bring new solutions to the table, but we also realize that important breakthroughs often take decades, or even centuries.
- Stay close to the real problems: We engage directly in the communities we serve because no one understands our society’s challenges like those who live them every day.
Our success is dependent on building teams that include people from different backgrounds and experiences who can challenge each other's assumptions with fresh perspectives. To that end, we look for a diverse pool of applicants including those from historically marginalized groups — women, people with disabilities, people of color, formerly incarcerated people, people who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and/or gender nonconforming, first and second generation immigrants, veterans, and people from different socioeconomic backgrounds.
Meta's Application Services Team (APS) builds and supports meta.org, enabling researchers to access our comprehensive knowledge graph of scientific research, with features and tools, to help them discover new research and stay up to date.
Members of the team have a direct impact on all features of Meta and its products to accelerate science and literature discovery. A person in this role not only works closely with their team members but with the product, research science and analytics teams to design, build and support technical solutions. This individual will also support us in our ongoing goal of cultivating a culture of shared best practices and knowledge around web application engineering.
- Design, build, analyze and improve the efficiency, stability, and resiliency of the Meta Web application
- 3+ years of relevant coding experience
- D3 or data visualization
- Web accessibility
- Developing UI toolkits
- Server-Side Rendering
- RESTful API design and best practices