Founded by Priscilla Chan and Mark Zuckerberg in 2015, the Chan Zuckerberg Initiative (CZI) is a new kind of philanthropy that’s leveraging technology to help solve some of the world’s toughest challenges – from eradicating disease, to improving education, to reforming the criminal justice system. Our mission is to create a future for everyone. Across our three core Initiative focus areas of Science, Education and Justice and Opportunity, we’re pairing engineering with grantmaking, impact investing, policy work, and movement building, to help build an inclusive, just and healthy future for everyone.
We believe we can help build a future for everyone.
- We aim to be daring, but humble: We look for bold ideas — regardless of structure and stage — and help them scale by pairing engineers with subject matter experts to build tools that accelerate the pace of social progress.
- We want to learn fast, but build for the long-term: We want to iterate fast and help bring new solutions to the table, but we also realize that important breakthroughs often take decades, or even centuries.
- Stay close to the real problems: We engage directly in the communities we serve because no one understands our society’s challenges like those who live them every day.
Our success is dependent on building teams that include people from different backgrounds and experiences who can challenge each other's assumptions with fresh perspectives. To that end, we look for a diverse pool of applicants including those from historically marginalized groups — women, people with disabilities, people of color, formerly incarcerated people, people who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and/or gender nonconforming, first and second generation immigrants, veterans, and people from different socioeconomic backgrounds.
Our people are our most important asset and we are looking for a Recruiting Manager (non technical recruiting) to join our team. In this role, you will drive our hiring strategy in order to build and scale our non technical organization (Operations, Programs, Legal & Grants).
As the Recruiting Manager, you will be a key partner and consultant to our hiring managers, developing, driving, and executing on recruiting and sourcing strategies to ensure we hire the best non-technical talent for our organization from traditional and non-traditional backgrounds. You will work collaboratively with your peers and lead a small team of recruiting professionals in order to drive successful recruiting practices and strategy.
- Manage a small team of recruiters and be a believer that your team’s success is your success
- Be responsible for hiring, developing, and retaining a recruiting team that will thrive under your leadership
- Work with hiring managers and organizational leaders to build a cohesive strategy for hiring a diverse and effective non-technical organization
- Implement and execute on hiring strategies around building a diverse workforce that will enable us to build the products and programs that will best support the communities we serve
- Utilize our tools and systems to pull data and reporting that ultimately influences hiring decisions and strategy
- Thrive in an unstructured, constantly changing environment while, at the same time, help to build processes, programs, and infrastructure that will enable us to build structure
- 2+ years building and managing non technical recruiting organizations, ideally in a hyper-growth tech environment
- 5+ years experience recruiting non technical talent
- Experience building programs that focus on attracting and hiring diverse talent
- A passion for recruiting and an understanding of how to attract and hire talent in a competitive market through a variety of strategies and creative programs
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to work with systems, metrics, and trends
- Excellent communication skills
- Alignment with our mission and passion to build a Future for Everyone