Founded by Dr. Priscilla Chan and Mark Zuckerberg in 2015, the Chan Zuckerberg Initiative (CZI) is a new kind of philanthropy that’s leveraging technology to help solve some of the world’s toughest challenges – from eradicating disease, to improving education, to reforming the criminal justice system. Across three core Initiative focus areas of Science, Education and Justice and Opportunity, we’re pairing engineering with grant making, impact investing, policy work, and movement building, to help build an inclusive, just and healthy future for everyone.
We believe we can help build a future for everyone.
- We aim to be daring, but humble: We look for bold ideas — regardless of structure and stage — and help them scale by pairing engineers with subject matter experts to build tools that accelerate the pace of social progress.
- We want to learn fast, but build for the long-term: We want to iterate fast and help bring new solutions to the table, but we also realize that important breakthroughs often take decades, or even centuries.
- Stay close to the real problems: We engage directly in the communities we serve because no one understands our society’s challenges like those who live them every day.
Our success is dependent on building teams that include people from different backgrounds and experiences who can challenge each other's assumptions with fresh perspectives. To that end, we look for a diverse pool of applicants including those from historically marginalized groups — women, people with disabilities, people of color, formerly incarcerated people, people who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and/or gender nonconforming, first and second generation immigrants, veterans, and people from different socioeconomic backgrounds.
The Chan Zuckerberg Initiative is taking a new, cutting-edge approach to philanthropy, funding ambitious projects that will have a substantial impact on the future of education, technology and science, and social justice. As a People Business Partner, you will support the VP, People and organizational leaders to execute our strategy around hiring, developing, and engaging our teams working to create that future. Our vision for the world starts with the culture we’re building. Our organization should be diverse, equitable, and inclusive for everyone — and reflect the communities we serve. We believe we can set a new precedent for the worlds of tech and philanthropy, and we want you to help lead the charge.
The ideal candidate is someone with deep experience as an HRPB supporting diverse teams in extraordinary organizations. They should have deep experience partnering with leaders on motivating, leading, and engaging people, with an understanding of the values that drive our culture, and our work. They should flourish in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment, and be ready to get in and help make things happen. They should be passionate about executing on big ideas, and bringing out the best of the people around them.
- Develop, build, and nurture partnerships with leaders and employees
- Provide guidance and strategic direction on organizational design to ensure that CZI is building the people infrastructure and organization for the long term
- Coach and mentor others, listen effectively, and build rapport with a diverse workforce -- helping employees at all levels develop
- Identify and contribute to programs and processes across the People team
- Use your excellent written and verbal communication, leadership skills, and unquestioned integrity to lead and influence the teams you work with
- Utilize people-related data to aid in strategic decision making and creating solutions
- 12+ years' HRBP or HR leadership role experience in a rapidly scaling organization
- Lived experience building & scaling programs in people operations, learning & growth, and total rewards
- Deep experience resolving employee relations issues and working cross functionally
- Preference for working in a diverse environment that promotes equity and inclusion
- Passion about accelerating social progress and excited to work collaboratively with a team of scientists, academics, community activists and technologists to build a brighter future for everyone