Founded by Dr. Priscilla Chan and Mark Zuckerberg in 2015, the Chan Zuckerberg Initiative (CZI) is a new kind of philanthropy that’s leveraging technology to help solve some of the world’s toughest challenges – from eradicating disease, to improving education, to reforming the criminal justice system. Across three core Initiative focus areas of Science, Education and Justice and Opportunity, we’re pairing engineering with grantmaking, impact investing, policy work, and movement building, to help build an inclusive, just and healthy future for everyone.
We believe we can help build a future for everyone.
- We aim to be daring, but humble: We look for bold ideas — regardless of structure and stage — and help them scale by pairing engineers with subject matter experts to build tools that accelerate the pace of social progress.
- We want to learn fast, but build for the long-term: We want to iterate fast and help bring new solutions to the table, but we also realize that important breakthroughs often take decades, or even centuries.
- Stay close to the real problems: We engage directly in the communities we serve because no one understands our society’s challenges like those who live them every day.
Our success is dependent on building teams that include people from different backgrounds and experiences who can challenge each other's assumptions with fresh perspectives. To that end, we look for a diverse pool of applicants including those from historically marginalized groups — women, people with disabilities, people of color, formerly incarcerated people, people who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and/or gender nonconforming, first and second generation immigrants, veterans, and people from different socioeconomic backgrounds.
The Digital Campaigns Manager will be a key member of the Chan Zuckerberg Initiative Brand team and will set the vision for growing and maximizing the discovery and distribution of CZI’s digital content. This is a central role that works with all of our operational teams as well as our core initiatives including Science, Education, Justice & Opportunity.
In this role, you will be responsible for all digital marketing initiatives including email campaign production, website content management system administration, UX, digital advertising, analytics, media content partnerships, SEM, SEO, and helping to handle marketing operations systems such as CRM and automation platforms.
We are looking for a motivated team contributor who can work cross-functionally to help take our digital ecosystem to the next level with engagement campaigns that further our narrative. You will develop and execute strategic omni-channel digital campaigns requiring sourcing of creative assets, implementing and administering applications that amplify reach, gathering performance data to analyze impact, and developing processes to streamline communication among internal and external project partners.
Lastly, you should be comfortable with a dynamic, morphing environment, bring good energy, be hungry to learn, and be committed to figuring out how to make things happen. You should also possess strong project management and leadership ability.
- Develop and execute engagement campaigns such as automated email communications, digital ads (CPC/CPM ads), pre-roll, paid search, media content partnerships, plus event communications
- Build and execute precise and timely email marketing campaigns using HTML/CSS and our email service provider (ESP): Develop a strategy for one-time, automated recurring, triggered and dynamic-content driven email content.
- Create email capture forms and/or partner with web development team on landing pages to support sign ups and engagement marketing programs, to successfully reach new audiences
- Build and administer relevant database segmentation so we can tailor campaign and program messages for targeted audiences across specific topic segments, affiliations and programs
- Support our social media leads on campaigns to grow followers and social sharing
- Be the primary digital campaign analytics owner by implementing tracking applications and tools to easily view and monitor data, generate significant analytics reports across digital marketing mediums (i.e. Web, Email, social) post-campaign
- Ensure timely creation, categorizing, and both automated and manual email list imports through our CRM/marketing automation solution
- Document processes and procedures for all campaigns acting to support other team users on best-practices
- Monitor CRM email database hygiene, performing ongoing data cleansing to maintain the health and accuracy of our email database
- Collaborating with cross-functional internal teams to analyze data and identify possible improvements and system enhancements to maximize efficiency, productivity and effectiveness
- Lead Google AdWords paid search campaigns, advertising through new and mainstream digital channels and implementing SEO strategies and standard methodologies
- Develop and maintain favorable relationships with external and internal partners, ensuring their needs and goals are consistently met
- 5+ years hands-on experience in marketing operations, web, email, social and digital campaign marketing/advertising
- 5+ years using automation and CRM tools, building, testing, executing and optimizing marketing programs, with a thorough understanding of lifecycle marketing from acquisition through retention/building loyalty and repeat engagement
- Preferred experience using Pardot, or Marketo, Hubspot, or other marketing automation tool.
- Deep understanding of and staying current on standard methodologies, industry standards, and legal/privacy compliance requirements associated with digital campaign lifecycles, analytics tools, search performance, database segmentation and data hygiene
- The know-how to build emails and online content using advanced token-based methodology to enable dynamic content and personalization
- Experience working with, and generating reports from, Google Analytics to understand website performance
- Should have hands-on knowledge of HTML and CSS, helpful in building email and web assets
- Familiarity with standard methodologies for email opt-ins, deliverability, privacy compliance and laws (e. g. GDPR)
- Understanding of system integrations; ability to demonstrate experience and understanding of how qualified user data flows between campaign, CRM and automation platforms
- Dedicated ability to work effectively and with a sense of urgency in collaboration within and across distributed functional teams, in a dynamic and driven environment
- BA/BS in marketing, business, information intelligence, or technology field preferred but not required