Founded by Dr. Priscilla Chan and Mark Zuckerberg in 2015, the Chan Zuckerberg Initiative (CZI) is a new kind of philanthropy that’s leveraging technology to help solve some of the world’s toughest challenges – from eradicating disease, to improving education, to reforming the criminal justice system. Across three core Initiative focus areas of Science, Education and Justice and Opportunity, we’re pairing engineering with grantmaking, impact investing, policy work, and movement building, to help build an inclusive, just and healthy future for everyone.
We believe we can help build a future for everyone.
- We aim to be daring, but humble: We look for bold ideas — regardless of structure and stage — and help them scale by pairing engineers with subject matter experts to build tools that accelerate the pace of social progress.
- We want to learn fast, but build for the long-term: We want to iterate fast and help bring new solutions to the table, but we also realize that important breakthroughs often take decades, or even centuries.
- Stay close to the real problems: We engage directly in the communities we serve because no one understands our society’s challenges like those who live them every day.
Our success is dependent on building teams that include people from different backgrounds and experiences who can challenge each other's assumptions with fresh perspectives. To that end, we look for a diverse pool of applicants including those from historically marginalized groups — women, people with disabilities, people of color, formerly incarcerated people, people who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and/or gender nonconforming, first and second generation immigrants, veterans, and people from different socioeconomic backgrounds.
At CZI we want to be a part of creating a future where every person can enjoy meaningful work, take care of their families, and live in a just society. Our work focuses on finding ways to strengthen our communities and help more families get ahead. We support organizations and partners working in Criminal Justice Reform, Housing Affordability, and Immigration Reform.
The Justice & Opportunity team seeks a full-time Team Administrator to provide administrative support to the team leadership, including scheduling travel and meetings, drafting correspondence, coordinating internal processes, organizing team events, among other duties.
The Team Administrator acts as a liaison and representative for the Justice & Opportunity team. As such, applicants must have strong communication skills, must be able to work independently, and solve problems creatively. This person will work in close collaboration with the rest of the staff across CZI as an integral team member.
- Leverage the team’s time and energy to maximize efficiency and effectiveness
- Manage existing systems and creating new ones to keep the Justice & Opportunity team organized including maintaining systems of communication, calendar scheduling, prioritizing incoming information and requests, and maintaining contact/correspondence records
- Schedule and trip management -- securing vital meetings especially with important external partners, preparing materials, arranging travel and organizing logistics both in advance and with last minute changes
- Manage expense reporting, tracking and processing consultant contracts and invoices and providing communications support
- Other tasks as requested, including but not limited to project or event support
- Experience with related administrative, operations or project management work in a fast-paced environment; we are open to how you built the following skills
- Great organizational skills: you are self-directed with strong foresight and time management skills; you are flexible, adaptable when things change last minute; you are reliable and have strong attention to detail, able to deal with many moving pieces
- Excellent communicator and interpersonal skills: you are able to build productive relationships quickly with a diverse group of people; people often say they love working with you and trust you
- Tech savvy, comfortable communicating virtually and learning new office tools (especially Google Apps like Gmail, Calendar, Docs, Spreadsheets and Slack)
- Passion for our mission and desire to contribute to an innovative organization
- Ability to work flexible hours as needed