Founded by Dr. Priscilla Chan and Mark Zuckerberg in 2015, the Chan Zuckerberg Initiative (CZI) is a new kind of philanthropy that’s leveraging technology to help solve some of the world’s toughest challenges – from eradicating disease, to improving education, to reforming the criminal justice system. Across three core Initiative focus areas of Science, Education and Justice and Opportunity, we’re pairing engineering with grantmaking, impact investing, policy work, and movement building, to help build an inclusive, just and healthy future for everyone.
We believe we can help build a future for everyone.
- We aim to be daring, but humble: We look for bold ideas — regardless of structure and stage — and help them scale by pairing engineers with subject matter experts to build tools that accelerate the pace of social progress.
- We want to learn fast, but build for the long-term: We want to iterate fast and help bring new solutions to the table, but we also realize that important breakthroughs often take decades, or even centuries.
- Stay close to the real problems: We engage directly in the communities we serve because no one understands our society’s challenges like those who live them every day.
Our success is dependent on building teams that include people from different backgrounds and experiences who can challenge each other's assumptions with fresh perspectives. To that end, we look for a diverse pool of applicants including those from historically marginalized groups — women, people with disabilities, people of color, formerly incarcerated people, people who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and/or gender nonconforming, first and second generation immigrants, veterans, and people from different socioeconomic backgrounds.
The Contingent Workforce Operations Partner will work across the company to help drive strategy, compliance, education, and management for the CZI Contingent Workforce Program. In addition, the Contingent Workforce Operations Partner will partner with business leaders to creatively problem solve staffing and specialized services needs. The Contingent Workforce Operations Partner will be responsible for the full contingent worker lifecycle from contracting oversight, onboarding/offboarding, bills and spend, program enhancements, and ensuring an overall smooth and positive experience.
This role is part of our Operations function.
- Develop and manage CZI’s Contingent Workforce Program inclusive of onboarding, offboarding, day-to-day management, contract management, and overall experience.
- Manage the entire contingent workforce in WorkDay - optimize current processes and develop new efficiencies for the day-to-day management of the contingent workforce, leveraging WorkDay and other systems
- Perform an audit of contingent workforce data in CZI’s legacy system, Bamboo, and that of WorkDay - make sure CZI is accounting for and has visibility of all contingent workers
- Collaborate with cross-functional business partners such as Legal, Finance, HR, IT, Facilities & Security to drive consistency of use and experience for the contingent workforce
- Partner with CZI managers to advise, educate, and drive a wide range of contingent workforce matters including ensuring the type of support requested is an actual need and reflected appropriately in the financial forecast plans
- Serve as point-of contact and liaise between staffing agencies/ICs/vendors and CZI managers
- Maintain sharp awareness of pertinent contract metrics (e.g. billing rates, contract end dates, automatic renewal triggers, notification timelines, etc.)
- Develop training programs and materials to ensure the successful adoption of the Contingent Workforce Program
- Facilitate resolution of contingent worker escalations
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources or a related field; a deep understanding as it relates to the risks around managing and maintaining a Contingent Workforce
- Proven ability to build/rollout/implement a program (related to contingent workers, or other company-wide program) in a fast-paced organization
- Experience managing the deployment of contingent workers for small and large scale business needs
- Experience with vendor management and demonstrated negotiation and project management skills
- A deep understanding of and experience with WorkDay, and Salesforce
- Excellent operational, analytical, and organizational skills
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and problem-solving skills