Founded by Dr. Priscilla Chan and Mark Zuckerberg in 2015, the Chan Zuckerberg Initiative (CZI) is a new kind of philanthropy that’s leveraging technology to help solve some of the world’s toughest challenges – from eradicating disease, to improving education, to reforming the criminal justice system. Across three core Initiative focus areas of Science, Education and Justice and Opportunity, we’re pairing engineering with grantmaking, impact investing, policy work, and movement building, to help build an inclusive, just and healthy future for everyone.
We believe we can help build a future for everyone.
- We aim to be daring, but humble: We look for bold ideas — regardless of structure and stage — and help them scale by pairing engineers with subject matter experts to build tools that accelerate the pace of social progress.
- We want to learn fast, but build for the long-term: We want to iterate fast and help bring new solutions to the table, but we also realize that important breakthroughs often take decades, or even centuries.
- Stay close to the real problems: We engage directly in the communities we serve because no one understands our society’s challenges like those who live them every day.
Our success is dependent on building teams that include people from different backgrounds and experiences who can challenge each other's assumptions with fresh perspectives. To that end, we look for a diverse pool of applicants including those from historically marginalized groups — women, people with disabilities, people of color, formerly incarcerated people, people who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and/or gender nonconforming, first and second generation immigrants, veterans, and people from different socioeconomic backgrounds.
We are looking for a thoughtful Technical Recruiter with a growth mindset and a deep personal connection to our mission. As a Technical Recruiter on the Engineering Recruiting Team, you will be a key partner and consultant to our hiring managers, developing recruiting strategies to hire the best engineering talent with traditional and non-traditional backgrounds. As a member our recruiting team, you’ll advise on a diverse and complex set of candidate markets and build strategies to enable us to source, engage and hire the best talent. This person will also help out with recruiting-related initiatives and projects.
- Ensure that diversity is at the center of all sourcing strategies
- Hire mission-driven, quality candidates and meet our headcount goals
- Partner closely with leaders in the organization to develop hiring plans for their openings and create a diversity hiring strategy in partnership with each of them
- Maintain a high offer acceptance rate through a deep understanding of each requisition and by providing an outstanding candidate experience
- Provide a high-touch recruiting experience and help candidates navigate through our recruitment process with care
- Possess an advanced understanding of concepts related to our initiative areas and operational teams that support these program teams
- Collaborate with others on the recruiting team to optimize our recruiting process and hiring output
- Analyze hiring data in order to make recommendations on compensation, sources of applicants and hires, interviewing techniques, etc
- 4+ years experience as a full cycle technical recruiter
- You care about and understand the importance of diversity, and you proactively seek avenues to identify candidates from underrepresented communities
- Experience influencing leadership and driving hiring initiatives
- Proven ability to create clarity in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
- Proven experience hiring for a variety of functions and learning new disciplines
- Experience building recruiting workflows, processes, and sourcing strategies
- Experience using data to make decisions that have a positive impact on hiring
- Knowledge of compensation structures