Founded by Dr. Priscilla Chan and Mark Zuckerberg in 2015, the Chan Zuckerberg Initiative (CZI) is a new kind of philanthropy that’s leveraging technology to help solve some of the world’s toughest challenges – from eradicating disease, to improving education, to reforming the criminal justice system. Across three core Initiative focus areas of Science, Education and Justice and Opportunity, we’re pairing engineering with grantmaking, impact investing, policy work, and movement building, to help build an inclusive, just and healthy future for everyone.
We believe we can help build a future for everyone.
- We aim to be daring, but humble: We look for bold ideas — regardless of structure and stage — and help them scale by pairing engineers with subject matter experts to build tools that accelerate the pace of social progress.
- We want to learn fast, but build for the long-term: We want to iterate fast and help bring new solutions to the table, but we also realize that important breakthroughs often take decades, or even centuries.
- Stay close to the real problems: We engage directly in the communities we serve because no one understands our society’s challenges like those who live them every day.
Our success is dependent on building teams that include people from different backgrounds and experiences who can challenge each other's assumptions with fresh perspectives. To that end, we look for a diverse pool of applicants including those from historically marginalized groups — women, people with disabilities, people of color, formerly incarcerated people, people who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and/or gender nonconforming, first and second generation immigrants, veterans, and people from different socioeconomic backgrounds.
The Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) team is a small high energy team providing finance partnership to business leaders across all functions. We provide analysis to support strategic decisions, conduct financial reviews of a wide range of business issues and lead financial processes such as planning, forecasting, and reporting.
We are seeking a highly motivated team player who has excellent attention to detail and the ability to work cross functionally to join us as a Director of FP&A.
- Lead the annual planning process and financial reporting cadence
- Help optimize resourcing and capital allocation through data-driven financial analysis
- Build and continually improve the financial planning processes and tools, as well as identify and drive new relevant metrics
- Coordinate with the Accounting/Tax teams to provide the necessary close and filing requirements
- Partner with the organization and team to build measurement metrics for each technology project, grant or investment to help drive decisioning around prioritization, go-to-market planning and/or resourcing level. Measure and track actual results against plan
- Participate in cross functional company task forces on various projects including system implementation, processes, and controls
- 10+ years of progressive experience in an FP&A role within a tech company or growth-stage start-up
- Superior relationship-building and influence management skills in interactions with senior leaders, peers, and business partners
- Exceptional financial, analytical, modeling and problem-solving skills
- Strong results orientation and bias to action
- Desire to build for scale using technology solutions
- Willingness to ask the tough questions and challenge the status quo
- Self-starter who demonstrates initiative, flexibility, maturity under pressure, and anticipates and resolves problems before they develop
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment and juggle competing priorities