Founded by Dr. Priscilla Chan and Mark Zuckerberg in 2015, the Chan Zuckerberg Initiative (CZI) is a new kind of philanthropy that’s leveraging technology to help solve some of the world’s toughest challenges – from eradicating disease, to improving education, to reforming the criminal justice system. Across three core Initiative focus areas of Science, Education and Justice and Opportunity, we’re pairing engineering with grantmaking, impact investing, policy work, and movement building, to help build an inclusive, just and healthy future for everyone.
We believe we can help build a future for everyone.
- We aim to be daring, but humble: We look for bold ideas — regardless of structure and stage — and help them scale by pairing engineers with subject matter experts to build tools that accelerate the pace of social progress.
- We want to learn fast, but build for the long-term: We want to iterate fast and help bring new solutions to the table, but we also realize that important breakthroughs often take decades, or even centuries.
- Stay close to the real problems: We engage directly in the communities we serve because no one understands our society’s challenges like those who live them every day.
Our success is dependent on building teams that include people from different backgrounds and experiences who can challenge each other's assumptions with fresh perspectives. To that end, we look for a diverse pool of applicants including those from historically marginalized groups — women, people with disabilities, people of color, formerly incarcerated people, people who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and/or gender nonconforming, first and second generation immigrants, veterans, and people from different socioeconomic backgrounds.
In this role, you will identify and engage technical talent through creative sourcing strategies in order to build and scale our Technical team at CZI.
As a sourcer on our Technical Recruiting team, you will be a key partner and consultant to our recruiters and hiring managers working closely with them to drive sourcing practices and strategy in order to build the technical infrastructure that enables CZI to scale: you will develop, drive and execute sourcing strategies to hire the best technical talent for our organization from both traditional and non-traditional backgrounds.
- Work closely with recruiters and hiring managers to deeply understand technical requirements of the role, the function and how it fits into the organization
- Strategize different ways to build talent pipelines and execute on tactical research, referral generation, events and sourcing campaigns
- Find, engage and activate passive candidates through the use of Boolean, LinkedIn and alternative search techniques
- Screen resumes and interview candidates
- Partner with recruiters and recruitment coordinators to ensure that you are driving an efficient process
- Utilize our tools and systems to influence sourcing strategy and handle pipelines
- Thrive in an unstructured, constantly changing environment while, at the same time, contribute to building processes, programs, and infrastructure
- Be deeply aligned to our mission to build a Future for Everyone
- 2+ years extensive technical sourcing experience with a search firm or in-house recruiting team
- Experience building sourcing strategies that focus on attracting and hiring diverse talent
- Excellent research/sourcing skills with the ability to dive deep into searches for hard-to-fill requisitions
- The knowledge and ability to interview both technical skills and CZI values
- Solid tech and industry knowledge with the ability to understand relevant tech skills, target companies, conferences, open source communities
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to work with systems, metrics, and trends