Founded by Dr. Priscilla Chan and Mark Zuckerberg in 2015, the Chan Zuckerberg Initiative (CZI) is a new kind of philanthropy that’s leveraging technology to help solve some of the world’s toughest challenges – from eradicating disease, to improving education, to reforming the criminal justice system. Across three core Initiative focus areas of Science, Education and Justice and Opportunity, we’re pairing engineering with grantmaking, impact investing, policy work, and movement building, to help build an inclusive, just and healthy future for everyone.
We believe we can help build a future for everyone.
- We aim to be daring, but humble: We look for bold ideas — regardless of structure and stage — and help them scale by pairing engineers with subject matter experts to build tools that accelerate the pace of social progress.
- We want to learn fast, but build for the long-term: We want to iterate fast and help bring new solutions to the table, but we also realize that important breakthroughs often take decades, or even centuries.
- Stay close to the real problems: We engage directly in the communities we serve because no one understands our society’s challenges like those who live them every day.
Our success is dependent on building teams that include people from different backgrounds and experiences who can challenge each other's assumptions with fresh perspectives. To that end, we look for a diverse pool of applicants including those from historically marginalized groups — women, people with disabilities, people of color, formerly incarcerated people, people who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and/or gender nonconforming, first and second generation immigrants, veterans, and people from different socioeconomic backgrounds.
This is an opportunity for a social media pro to produce engaging content pieces, fresh, compelling and shareable social campaigns, and engaging creative to help build CZI’s social media presence and community — and to help amplify the work of our partners and grantees online.
You are a social content and creative leader who can work across the organization to build unique campaigns that drive engagement to our social channels and support the work of our Initiatives and grantees. At the direction of the Director of Social Media, the role also supports social community management (including building advocacy networks online) across a set of diverse issue areas at a dynamic philanthropic organization. You will have led in-house social channels for a major brand or cause, have a track record of building creative, breakthrough social media campaigns across multiple platforms, and don’t mind rolling up your sleeves to do the basic tasks related to managing social media accounts. You stay on top of social media trends, have experience building and managing communities, and can manage multiple social media campaigns at once.
- Develop social creative and content across a set of diverse issue areas — to grow and drive engagement of CZI social channels and to lift up the work of our partners. This includes all aspects of content development — from clever, engaging copy for posts; to brainstorming hashtags; to working with creative teams (internal and external) to build shareable graphics, videos, and photos for day-to-day content and key campaigns
- Support online community management for CZI — including moderating issues, implementing engagement strategies, and actively building stronger advocacy communities online
- Support the creation of all social editorial and content calendars/campaigns across a set of diverse issue areas to ensure a regular cadence of social media content on CZI channels
- Monitor social media trends and actively build content to quickly take advantage of opportunities to expand our social media reach and increase engagement
- Use analytics to make data-based decisions on future content
- Develop reports to measure the impact of different social media campaigns
- Work with the creative team (including our copywriter, designers, and brand managers) to develop, implement, and measure short- and long-term social campaigns
- Liaise with groups across the organization to develop more effective daily content and campaigns, and support their efforts to build online advocacy movements across issue areas
- Support our Initiatives and grantees/partners in developing social guides, social campaign planning, and content creation to support issue-based advocacy work
- A minimum of 7 years of experience managing and building large-scale social channels in-house for a brand or movement
- Developed creative, break-through multi-channel social campaigns in-house and are an experienced storyteller
- Strong writing, copy, and content production skills, and experience managing content development across teams, with external partners and agencies. Some experience writing creative briefs is a plus!
- Worked with social media influencers, advocates, or brand ambassadors as part of a creative social media campaign
- Experience leading community management/engagement across social channels for a major brand or cause — including experience in social moderation, rapid response, and crisis management
- An understanding of the current social media landscape and best practices for each channel
- Experience using social analytics and monitoring platforms
- Ability to independently execute social campaigns from start to finish and as part of a creative team to develop 360 campaigns across all channels
- Experience juggling and prioritizing multiple projects of varying scope and turn around times
- A passion for social media and community building