Founded by Dr. Priscilla Chan and Mark Zuckerberg in 2015, the Chan Zuckerberg Initiative (CZI) is a new kind of philanthropy that’s leveraging technology to help solve some of the world’s toughest challenges – from eradicating disease, to improving education, to reforming the criminal justice system. Across three core Initiative focus areas of Science, Education and Justice and Opportunity, we’re pairing engineering with grantmaking, impact investing, policy work, and movement building, to help build an inclusive, just and healthy future for everyone.
We believe we can help build a future for everyone.
- We aim to be daring, but humble: We look for bold ideas — regardless of structure and stage — and help them scale by pairing engineers with subject matter experts to build tools that accelerate the pace of social progress.
- We want to learn fast, but build for the long-term: We want to iterate fast and help bring new solutions to the table, but we also realize that important breakthroughs often take decades, or even centuries.
- Stay close to the real problems: We engage directly in the communities we serve because no one understands our society’s challenges like those who live them every day.
Our success is dependent on building teams that include people from different backgrounds and experiences who can challenge each other's assumptions with fresh perspectives. To that end, we look for a diverse pool of applicants including those from historically marginalized groups — women, people with disabilities, people of color, formerly incarcerated people, people who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and/or gender nonconforming, first and second generation immigrants, veterans, and people from different socioeconomic backgrounds.
The Infrastructure organization supports all of CZI’s Initiatives and Operations through Engineering, Information Security, and IT teams. As we’ve grown, we’ve begun to build a complete lifecycle program in support of our strategic technology vendors beginning with budgeting through supplier selection, contract negotiation, purchasing, and inventory management of hardware, software licenses, and SaaS services. You will partner not just across the Infrastructure organization, but also with our Finance, Legal, and Facilities teams to enable CZI’s ongoing operations while driving process maturity.
- Be the primary facilitator of all Infrastructure contracts using your experience to draft business terms, conduct RFPs, and take the time to teach others in partnership with our Legal team.
- Track and handle contract renewals, coordinate QBRs, and ultimately build a methodology to measure and improve technology vendor performance.
- Facilitate bottoms-up budget planning for Infrastructure’s Engineering, Security, and IT teams toward helping them execute aligned to those budgets in partnership with our Finance team.
- Partner with the broader IT team to ensure that both common inventory items and special requests are handled in support of our Helpdesk team, enabling them to facilitate employee requests, onboard new staff, and quickly fix issues as they occur.
- Directly lead our IT Logistics team which handles all purchasing, inventory management, and the full lifecycle management of software and hardware.
- Deep understanding of hardware procurement, SaaS subscription models, enterprise software licensing, and professional services agreements stemming from experience leading vendor management within the technology industry.
- Experience as a team lead with the responsibility for a multi-million dollar budget which you handle through a highly data-driven approach.
- Experience with ERP systems to build and lead complex purchase orders, review invoices for accuracy against contracts, and drive maturity on the business side of procure to pay processes.
- Experience building and leading logistics teams who are responsible for procurement, inventory management, warranty repairs, and ultimately the proper disposition of retired assets.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to work both independently and collaboratively.