Founded by Dr. Priscilla Chan and Mark Zuckerberg in 2015, the Chan Zuckerberg Initiative (CZI) is a new kind of philanthropy that’s leveraging technology to help solve some of the world’s toughest challenges – from eradicating disease, to improving education, to reforming the criminal justice system. Across three core Initiative focus areas of Science, Education and Justice and Opportunity, we’re pairing engineering with grantmaking, impact investing, policy work, and movement building, to help build an inclusive, just and healthy future for everyone.
We believe we can help build a future for everyone.
- We aim to be daring, but humble: We look for bold ideas — regardless of structure and stage — and help them scale by pairing engineers with subject matter experts to build tools that accelerate the pace of social progress.
- We want to learn fast, but build for the long-term: We want to iterate fast and help bring new solutions to the table, but we also realize that important breakthroughs often take decades, or even centuries.
- Stay close to the real problems: We engage directly in the communities we serve because no one understands our society’s challenges like those who live them every day.
Our success is dependent on building teams that include people from different backgrounds and experiences who can challenge each other's assumptions with fresh perspectives. To that end, we look for a diverse pool of applicants including those from historically marginalized groups — women, people with disabilities, people of color, formerly incarcerated people, people who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and/or gender nonconforming, first and second generation immigrants, veterans, and people from different socioeconomic backgrounds.
Our people are our most important asset and we are looking for a Director of Technical Recruiting to join our team. In this role, you will drive our hiring strategy in order to build and scale our Technical organization.
As the Director of Technical Recruiting, you will be a key partner and consultant to our hiring managers: you will develop, drive and execute recruiting and sourcing strategies to hire the best technical talent for our organization from traditional and non-traditional backgrounds. You will work collaboratively with your peers and lead a team of recruiting professionals. You have led, mentored, and guided a team of recruiters and/or sourcers through the entire recruiting life cycle while also working closely with leaders to drive recruiting practices and strategy.
- Be a builder. You will be excited and motivated by the opportunity to hire talent that will build the technical foundations of our organization
- Believe that diverse teams will enable us to build the products that will best support the communities we serve
- Have a passion for recruiting and an understanding of how to attract and hire talent in a competitive market through a variety of strategies and creative programs
- Be a believer that your teams’ success is your success, ensuring that you hire, develop and retain a recruiting team that will thrive under your leadership
- Be a business partner. You will enjoy developing relationships with our leaders and teams and will be able to influence them to ensure that we have a cohesive approach to recruiting
- Love data and will utilize our tools and systems to influence hiring decisions and strategy
- Thrive in an unstructured, constantly changing environment while, at the same time, help to build processes, programs, and infrastructure that will enable us to build structure
- Understand how to build an employer brand and how to infuse it through the candidate life cycle
- Be deeply aligned to our mission to build a Future for Everyone
- 4+ years building and managing technical recruiting organizations, ideally in a hyper-growth tech environment
- 8+ years’ experience recruiting technical talent
- Experience building programs that focus on attracting and hiring diverse talent
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to work with systems, metrics, and trends
- Excellent communication