Founded by Dr. Priscilla Chan and Mark Zuckerberg in 2015, the Chan Zuckerberg Initiative (CZI) is a new kind of philanthropy that’s leveraging technology to help solve some of the world’s toughest challenges – from eradicating disease, to improving education, to reforming the criminal justice system. Across three core Initiative focus areas of Science, Education and Justice and Opportunity, we’re pairing engineering with grantmaking, impact investing, policy work, and movement building, to help build an inclusive, just and healthy future for everyone.
We believe we can help build a future for everyone.
- We aim to be daring, but humble: We look for bold ideas — regardless of structure and stage — and help them scale by pairing engineers with subject matter experts to build tools that accelerate the pace of social progress.
- We want to learn fast, but build for the long-term: We want to iterate fast and help bring new solutions to the table, but we also realize that important breakthroughs often take decades, or even centuries.
- Stay close to the real problems: We engage directly in the communities we serve because no one understands our society’s challenges like those who live them every day.
Our success is dependent on building teams that include people from different backgrounds and experiences who can challenge each other's assumptions with fresh perspectives. To that end, we look for a diverse pool of applicants including those from historically marginalized groups — women, people with disabilities, people of color, formerly incarcerated people, people who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and/or gender nonconforming, first and second generation immigrants, veterans, and people from different socioeconomic backgrounds.
Part of an urban campus, the Building Engineer will own all aspects of Building Systems. This person will work cross functionally with Facilities, Property Management, end users, and vendors to ensure that building systems are properly operating. You will also be responsible for the design and maintenance of building systems across multiple offices.
- Build, implement and drive safety programs such as SDS, OSHA compliance, chemical storage
- Full understanding of lighting control systems (watt stopper, Lutron.) in order to design and repair
- Review of drawings prior to construction or remodeling projects and inspection of construction work at its various stages until project completion
- Supervise and direct the preventative maintenance program and inventory control for the property.
- Responsible for overall management of Preventative Maintenance Program, HVAC, electrical, mechanical, plumbing, carpentry, chillers, cooling towers, chemical treatments, pneumatics, control systems, water systems, boilers, refrigeration, compressors, etc.
- Develop, coordinate Preventative Maintenance programs to ensure the reliability, safety, of equipment
- Handle on-site engineers or technical service providers and contractors to ensure conformance with building performance specifications
- Assistance with annual operating and capital improvement budget preparation, providing projected costs of repairs, maintenance, equipment, supplies and materials necessary to maintain proper and efficient operation of building systems and equipment
- Oversight of special maintenance, repairs or other work to the systems and equipment performed by others
- Perform task based work-orders (painting, installations)
- Strong HVAC knowledge with VRV/VRF system a plus
- Universal CFC certification required. Additional certification in one or more of the following: electrical, mechanical, HVAC and refrigeration systems, process controls, mechanical power transmissions, painting, plumbing, carpentry or engine repair
- Fire life safety and security badging knowledge helpful
- Knowledge of building safety codes and programs
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience as a Building Engineer in Class A High Rise buildings
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to use Microsoft Office, G-suite, and other ticketing systems; Service Now or Angus
- Excellent communication and time management skills
- Ability to lift more than 50 lbs