Founded by Dr. Priscilla Chan and Mark Zuckerberg in 2015, the Chan Zuckerberg Initiative (CZI) is a new kind of philanthropy that’s leveraging technology to help solve some of the world’s toughest challenges – from eradicating disease, to improving education, to reforming the criminal justice system. Across three core Initiative focus areas of Science, Education and Justice and Opportunity, we’re pairing engineering with grantmaking, impact investing, policy work, and movement building, to help build an inclusive, just and healthy future for everyone.
We believe we can help build a future for everyone.
- We aim to be daring, but humble: We look for bold ideas — regardless of structure and stage — and help them scale by pairing engineers with subject matter experts to build tools that accelerate the pace of social progress.
- We want to learn fast, but build for the long-term: We want to iterate fast and help bring new solutions to the table, but we also realize that important breakthroughs often take decades, or even centuries.
- Stay close to the real problems: We engage directly in the communities we serve because no one understands our society’s challenges like those who live them every day.
Our success is dependent on building teams that include people from different backgrounds and experiences who can challenge each other's assumptions with fresh perspectives. To that end, we look for a diverse pool of applicants including those from historically marginalized groups — women, people with disabilities, people of color, formerly incarcerated people, people who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and/or gender nonconforming, first and second generation immigrants, veterans, and people from different socioeconomic backgrounds.
Our people team is looking for a Manager of Total Rewards to champion the overall design and management of our compensation, benefits, rewards programs. The ideal person has extensive hands on experience in the design, development, implementation, and administration of all types of compensation and benefits programs.
- Analyze compensation practices in relation to similar companies in comparable industries or geographic areas, and recommend changes as appropriate to establish and maintain competitive pay rates and ensure equity, including base salary, stock options and bonus plans
- Ensure the alignment of incentive and rewards with culture, strategy, and operational imperatives
- Monitor and evaluate the company's benefits programs, including insurance programs, retirement plans, sick leave, time off, and vacation policies
- Negotiate benefit coverage services and costs with carriers
- Manage programs such as: compensation plans, health insurance, disability insurance, life insurance, employee assistance, and other company plans and programs
- Maintain knowledge of government regulations, benefit program trends, and practices among similar organizations
- Work with accounting and legal to ensure accurate financial reporting, compliance with all tax laws
- Lead the preparation and communication of information to current and former employees about benefit programs, procedures, changes, and government-mandated disclosures
- Ensure Total Rewards programs are innovative and current with regard to trends, practices, and costs
- Supervise the development of actionable, proactive metrics that drive forecasting capabilities and strategic insights
- CCP certification (or equivalent) preferred
- 8+ years of compensation or benefits experience in roles or increasing responsibility
- Knowledge, understanding, and application of Federal and State employment laws: ERISA, FMLA, FLSA, EEO, etc. required
- Demonstrated experience leading compensation design changes from concept to execution
- Expertise in the design, development, implementation, and administration of all types of compensation and benefits programs
- Excellent leadership, communication, interpersonal, and management skills
- Excellent priority setting skills with the flexibility and adaptability to respond to shifting business needs
- Excellent problem-solving, critical thinking, and analytical skills
- High professional standards and strong customer experience mentality with an energetic, positive attitude to build partnerships, relationships, and trust easily