Founded by Dr. Priscilla Chan and Mark Zuckerberg in 2015, the Chan Zuckerberg Initiative (CZI) is a new kind of philanthropy that’s leveraging technology to help solve some of the world’s toughest challenges – from eradicating disease, to improving education, to reforming the criminal justice system. Across three core Initiative focus areas of Science, Education and Justice and Opportunity, we’re pairing engineering with grantmaking, impact investing, policy work, and movement building, to help build an inclusive, just and healthy future for everyone.
We believe we can help build a future for everyone.
- We aim to be daring, but humble: We look for bold ideas — regardless of structure and stage — and help them scale by pairing engineers with subject matter experts to build tools that accelerate the pace of social progress.
- We want to learn fast, but build for the long-term: We want to iterate fast and help bring new solutions to the table, but we also realize that important breakthroughs often take decades, or even centuries.
- Stay close to the real problems: We engage directly in the communities we serve because no one understands our society’s challenges like those who live them every day.
Our success is dependent on building teams that include people from different backgrounds and experiences who can challenge each other's assumptions with fresh perspectives. To that end, we look for a diverse pool of applicants including those from historically marginalized groups — women, people with disabilities, people of color, formerly incarcerated people, people who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and/or gender nonconforming, first and second generation immigrants, veterans, and people from different socioeconomic backgrounds.
As our Project Coordinator, you will be responsible for the teams’ project operations across the facilities team.
This person will act as a liaison and representative for the facilities team. As such, applicants must have strong communication skills, must be able to work independently and solve problems creatively. This person will work in close collaboration with the rest of the staff across CZI as an integral team member.
- Create and manage POs
- Process contracts and manage team folders
- Schedule and manage travel for team members
- Manage expense reporting, tracking, and processing
- Schedule all internal team meetings
- Assist in handling org-wide communications
- Prioritize and manage incoming information and requests
- Build org-wide cross-functional relationships to execute goals efficiently/effectively.
- Other tasks as requested, such as Project Coordination
- 2+ years experience as an Administrative Assistant/Project Coordinator
- Self-starter with excellent time management skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and clear communicator
- Excellent attention to detail and follow-through
- Responsible and conscientious decision-maker with integrity, excellent judgment, and respect for confidentiality and ethics
- Patience, flexibility and adaptability: the ability to react positively and quickly to last-minute changes in logistics or needs; comfort with ambiguity and working in a fast-paced, start-up culture
- Technology-proficient; comfortable communicating virtually and learning new office tools.