Founded by Dr. Priscilla Chan and Mark Zuckerberg in 2015, the Chan Zuckerberg Initiative (CZI) is a new kind of philanthropy that’s leveraging technology to help solve some of the world’s toughest challenges – from eradicating disease, to improving education, to reforming the criminal justice system. Across three core Initiative focus areas of Science, Education and Justice and Opportunity, we’re pairing engineering with grantmaking, impact investing, policy work, and movement building, to help build an inclusive, just and healthy future for everyone.
We believe we can help build a future for everyone.
- We aim to be daring, but humble: We look for bold ideas — regardless of structure and stage — and help them scale by pairing engineers with subject matter experts to build tools that accelerate the pace of social progress.
- We want to learn fast, but build for the long-term: We want to iterate fast and help bring new solutions to the table, but we also realize that important breakthroughs often take decades, or even centuries.
- Stay close to the real problems: We engage directly in the communities we serve because no one understands our society’s challenges like those who live them every day.
Our success is dependent on building teams that include people from different backgrounds and experiences who can challenge each other's assumptions with fresh perspectives. To that end, we look for a diverse pool of applicants including those from historically marginalized groups — women, people with disabilities, people of color, formerly incarcerated people, people who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and/or gender nonconforming, first and second generation immigrants, veterans, and people from different socioeconomic backgrounds.
The ideal person will be an integral part of the procurement process, interfacing and assisting the business with purchase requisitions and purchase orders. You will be primarily responsible for processing full cycle accounts payable, reviewing expense reimbursements, and managing AMEX transactions. Additionally, you will participate in a variety of ad hoc projects and process improvements. You will be a key team member on the Accounting team, and you’ll play a huge role in efforts to grow our team as we scale with the broader organization.
- Assist in the month-end close process as it pertains to the procurement process ( PO accruals, AP, Prepaids, etc.)
- Have full ownership of Accounts Payable invoice process - includes managing inbox, entry into ERP system, solving unpaid- problem invoices, and obtaining appropriate approvals (as needed)
- Maintain supplier records, including W-9’s and wire information
- Manage expense reporting / AMEX transactions
- Assist the Procurement Manager in ad hoc special projects and process improvements
- At least 1 year of experience
- Outstanding communication skills (written and verbal), as well as demonstrate strong interpersonal instincts
- Independent, critical thinking skills, and the ability to collaboratively problem solve
- A strong desire for customer service and process improvement
- Experience thriving in the details, with a keen eye for big-picture financial impact
- Bonus Points: Experience in a dynamic and rapidly growing commercial organization in any procurement or accounts payable position