Founded by Dr. Priscilla Chan and Mark Zuckerberg in 2015, the Chan Zuckerberg Initiative (CZI) is a new kind of philanthropy that’s leveraging technology to help solve some of the world’s toughest challenges – from eradicating disease, to improving education, to reforming the criminal justice system. Across three core Initiative focus areas of Science, Education and Justice and Opportunity, we’re pairing engineering with grantmaking, impact investing, policy work, and movement building, to help build an inclusive, just and healthy future for everyone.
We believe we can help build a future for everyone.
- We aim to be daring, but humble: We look for bold ideas — regardless of structure and stage — and help them scale by pairing engineers with subject matter experts to build tools that accelerate the pace of social progress.
- We want to learn fast, but build for the long-term: We want to iterate fast and help bring new solutions to the table, but we also realize that important breakthroughs often take decades, or even centuries.
- Stay close to the real problems: We engage directly in the communities we serve because no one understands our society’s challenges like those who live them every day.
Our success is dependent on building teams that include people from different backgrounds and experiences who can challenge each other's assumptions with fresh perspectives. To that end, we look for a diverse pool of applicants including those from historically marginalized groups — women, people with disabilities, people of color, formerly incarcerated people, people who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and/or gender nonconforming, first and second generation immigrants, veterans, and people from different socioeconomic backgrounds.
The Technology New Builds Team is responsible for overseeing all of the technology that supports our offices including our corporate network, physical security systems, and audio/visual systems (video conferencing and event spaces). As the Program Manager for New Builds focused on Technology you will be responsible for partnering with our Facilities team to oversee all technology related pieces of our new office builds, upgrades and retrofits to our existing offices.
- Lead and provide overall project management for deployment of technology as part of new office build out and renovations in partnership with our Facilities, IT, and Physical Security teams.
- Coordinate the development of standards for networks, access control, CCTV, video conferencing, and other technical systems which are a part of our facilities.
- Serve as a technology partner to our Facilities team to ensure they have access to the right technologies to help them do their jobs.
- Manage a team of embedded contract program managers who support this work.
- Manage technology contracts and budget for office builds. Provide oversight and management of vendors to ensure projects are completed successfully and on time.
- Stay up to date with industry trends and new technologies that we should be considering and set our long term strategy for how technology is integrated into our office builds.
- Project or program management experience.
- Prior experience with commercial construction processes.
- Working knowledge of networks (including wireless), physical security systems, video conferencing, and/or audio visual systems.
- Strong leadership skills, with demonstrated ability to lead via influence, in cross-functional environments.
- Excellent communication skills, in particular communicating technical concepts between audiences of varying backgrounds.
- Demonstrated willingness to get your hands dirty and do whatever it takes to achieve the team's end goals.