Founded by Dr. Priscilla Chan and Mark Zuckerberg in 2015, the Chan Zuckerberg Initiative (CZI) is a new kind of philanthropy that’s leveraging technology to help solve some of the world’s toughest challenges – from eradicating disease, to improving education, to reforming the criminal justice system. Across three core Initiative focus areas of Science, Education and Justice and Opportunity, we’re pairing engineering with grantmaking, impact investing, policy work, and movement building, to help build an inclusive, just and healthy future for everyone.
We believe we can help build a future for everyone.
- We aim to be daring, but humble: We look for bold ideas — regardless of structure and stage — and help them scale by pairing engineers with subject matter experts to build tools that accelerate the pace of social progress.
- We want to learn fast, but build for the long-term: We want to iterate fast and help bring new solutions to the table, but we also realize that important breakthroughs often take decades, or even centuries.
- Stay close to the real problems: We engage directly in the communities we serve because no one understands our society’s challenges like those who live them every day.
Our success is dependent on building teams that include people from different backgrounds and experiences who can challenge each other's assumptions with fresh perspectives. To that end, we look for a diverse pool of applicants including those from historically marginalized groups — women, people with disabilities, people of color, formerly incarcerated people, people who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and/or gender nonconforming, first and second generation immigrants, veterans, and people from different socioeconomic backgrounds.
In Education, we aim to ensure all young people have the knowledge, skills, habits, and agency they need to thrive in an ever changing world. Through grantmaking, impact investments and research and engineering we are partnering with students, educators, and parents to build and support tools and programs that make it easier to apply the science behind how people learn and develop to education. An example of our work is our partnership with Summit Learning -- a personalized approach to education developed by Summit Public Schools in partnership with learning scientists, researchers, and academics. With Summit Learning, students gain the skills, knowledge and habits to succeed in college and enter adulthood with a clear vision for achieving purpose and wellbeing in life.
Our team is seeking a Product Manager for our privacy and security work within our education initiative. In this role, you will help us continue refining a shared vision for privacy and security across internal teams and external partners and to build and execute against a roadmap to enable that vision.
- Refine shared vision for privacy and security across internal teams and external partners
- Drive product decisions with a goal of improving privacy and security practices
- Refine a cross-functional roadmap for privacy for our products
- Collaborate and communicate effectively with a diverse set of teammates and partners (internal and external)
- Articulate goals, metrics, milestones, and progress towards the privacy roadmap
- 5-7 years of product management experience for technology products
- Strong communication skills across a broad set of cross-functional stakeholders
- Awareness of privacy, security, and compliance practices
- Prior experience partnering with cross functional teams such as legal and communications