Founded by Dr. Priscilla Chan and Mark Zuckerberg in 2015, the Chan Zuckerberg Initiative (CZI) is a new kind of philanthropy that’s leveraging technology to help solve some of the world’s toughest challenges – from eradicating disease, to improving education, to reforming the criminal justice system. Across three core Initiative focus areas of Science, Education and Justice and Opportunity, we’re pairing engineering with grant making, impact investing, policy work, and movement building, to help build an inclusive, just and healthy future for everyone.
We believe we can help build a future for everyone.
- We aim to be daring, but humble: We look for bold ideas — regardless of structure and stage — and help them scale by pairing engineers with subject matter experts to build tools that accelerate the pace of social progress.
- We want to learn fast, but build for the long-term: We want to iterate fast and help bring new solutions to the table, but we also realize that important breakthroughs often take decades, or even centuries.
- Stay close to the real problems: We engage directly in the communities we serve because no one understands our society’s challenges like those who live them every day.
Our success is dependent on building teams that include people from different backgrounds and experiences who can challenge each other's assumptions with fresh perspectives. To that end, we look for a diverse pool of applicants including those from historically marginalized groups — women, people with disabilities, people of color, formerly incarcerated people, people who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and/or gender nonconforming, first and second generation immigrants, veterans, and people from different socioeconomic backgrounds.
We are looking for a well-rounded and highly-flexible individual who is excited by the challenge of building and scaling a world-class technical support and service delivery team. This role is responsible for ensuring that everyone at CZI receives technical and non-technical support through outstanding customer service, thorough problem solving, and timeliness. To be successful, this person must show initiative, be motivated by technology and customer service, and have great attention to detail.
- Provide technical leadership and mentoring for a team of 5 to 10 people within a technical support environment including training, coaching and mentoring
- Ensure the highest levels of customer service in a collaborative environment having a keen focus on helping people resolve issues and problems, with security being the number one priority without causing blockers or reduced productivity
- Collaborate on corporate wide initiatives as the IT support desk subject matter expertise
- Utilize data and customer service skills to drive insights into how the team provides support, areas where it can continuously improve, and escalations into partner teams and evolve the current ticketing system, Jira ticket categories and queue management processes
- Provide 24x7 on-call support within the team's rotation
- Ensure that inventory is maintained, updated, and documented at each Helpdesk location
- Experience working in a fast paced customer service environment, preferably within a technical organization
- Experience in supporting and troubleshooting macOS and Windows platforms including mobile devices running Android and iOS mobile operating systems
- Experience with setup and configuration of end-user desktop and laptop computer hardware, software, printers, phones, cell phones and peripherals
- Proven experience administering cloud based collaboration services such as Facebook Workplace, Google Suite, Salesforce, Slack, Zoom, etc
- Relevant experience as a technical lead of a 5+ person team