We believe we can help build a future for everyone.
- We aim to be daring, but humble: We look for bold ideas — regardless of structure and stage — and help them scale by pairing engineers with subject matter experts to build tools that accelerate the pace of social progress.
- We want to learn fast, but build for the long-term: We want to iterate fast and help bring new solutions to the table, but we also realize that important breakthroughs often take decades, or even centuries.
- Stay close to the real problems: We engage directly in the communities we serve because no one understands our society’s challenges like those who live them every day.
Our success is dependent on building teams that include people from different backgrounds and experiences who can challenge each other's assumptions with fresh perspectives. To that end, we look for a diverse pool of applicants including those from historically marginalized groups — women, people with disabilities, people of color, formerly incarcerated people, people who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and/or gender nonconforming, first and second generation immigrants, veterans, and people from different socioeconomic backgrounds.
By pairing engineers with leaders in our education, science, and justice and opportunity teams, we can bring technology to the table in new ways to help drive solutions. We are uniquely positioned to design, build, and scale software systems to help educators, scientists, and policy experts better address the myriad challenges they face. Our technology team is already helping schools bring personalized learning tools to teachers and schools across the country and supporting scientists around the world as they develop a comprehensive reference atlas of all cells in the human body.
Meta is Chan Zuckerberg’s product that helps biomedical scientists understand the research that’s important to their work and delivers it in real-time to their personal feeds. Our team operates at the intersection of consumer-grade product design + machine learning + biomedical expertise to deliver a world class product for researchers.
Meta uses artificial intelligence to organize and track millions of biomedical diseases, genes, proteins, techniques, researchers, journals, papers, preprints, and more—including full coverage of PubMed and bioRxiv. We believe that the complexity and scale of scientific knowledge is limiting how quickly researchers can understand, navigate and quickly make powerful connections across what is know. This is one of the fundamental challenges hindering the rate of discovery in basic scientific research.
As the head of our Data Science and Analytics group, you’ll help launch Meta to the community of researchers around the world. If you want to make a difference and help accelerate science, come and join us!
- Lead the data science group to empower data-informed decision making about Meta -- to understand product, growth & engagement; identify areas of opportunity; and impact on the acceleration of science.
- Derive deep (quantitative and qualitative) insights around product use, quality, and performance of the user experience across a variety of touch-points and data sets.
- Support product team with analysis to support decision making with reports and presentations.
- Inform, influence, and execute new strategies and tactics using sound analysis and impact metrics to support your positions.
- Partner with stakeholders across the team to understand the goals of developing new and existing projects, develop a data strategy, and own the end-to-end execution.
- Experience leading and managing a team of data scientists, product analysts, business analysts.
- Comprehensive knowledge of modern data science and product/web analytics tools and techniques, with excellent coding skills (e.g., in Python or R) and experience using tools like Snowflake Computing, Mode Analytics, Adobe Marketing Cloud, Google Analytics.
- Extensive quantitative and statistical analysis experience - building product intuition, solving problems using data, and providing practical business insight using data.
- Advanced experience in analytics supporting marketing, advertising, or growth; communicating technical content and analytical insights to multiple audiences.
- Experience implementing, testing, and evaluating applied research experiments and engineering solutions following rigorous methodology.
- Experience solving data driven problems, including problem definition, data exploration, solution proposal, implementation, testing, and evaluation.
- Advanced training in, and strong knowledge of, the fundamentals of Statistics, Computer Science, Math, or related fields.