We believe we can help build a future for everyone.
- We aim to be daring, but humble: We look for bold ideas — regardless of structure and stage — and help them scale by pairing engineers with subject matter experts to build tools that accelerate the pace of social progress.
- We want to learn fast, but build for the long-term: We want to iterate fast and help bring new solutions to the table, but we also realize that important breakthroughs often take decades, or even centuries.
- Stay close to the real problems: We engage directly in the communities we serve because no one understands our society’s challenges like those who live them every day.
Our success is dependent on building teams that include people from different backgrounds and experiences who can challenge each other's assumptions with fresh perspectives. To that end, we look for a diverse pool of applicants including those from historically marginalized groups — women, people with disabilities, people of color, formerly incarcerated people, people who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and/or gender nonconforming, first and second generation immigrants, veterans, and people from different socioeconomic backgrounds.
Our small but mighty University Recruiting Team is building and executing programs to attract and retain early career talent at CZI. With a diversity-first approach to hiring, we engage talent through different experiences like internships and university grad opportunities to support our technical and non-technical hiring teams. We are looking for a University Recruiter with a growth mindset and a personal connection to our mission to build and implement recruiting strategies that will allow us to hire high performing talent. This is a marathon, not a sprint, and we’re looking for someone to join our growing team on this exciting journey of personal growth, professional development, and scaling an organization that is working towards building a fair and just future for everyone.
- Manage the full recruitment life-cycle for your candidates, ensuring a world-class experience end-to-end.
- Partner cross functionally to build and implement equitable recruiting processes at scale.
- Find and engage talent from traditional and non-traditional backgrounds.
- Collaborate and design strategy for early career programs (e.g., student employment opportunities, internships, new grad positions, apprenticeships, etc.).
- Create and execute strategies for managed client pipelines.
- Design and implement strategies for defining and engaging university partner organizations and/or schools.
- Build and maintain meaningful relationships with external and internal stakeholders.
- Own and participate in university program processes, activities, and events.
- Demonstrated success as a recruiter or in similar role with transferable skills (4+ years relevant experience).
- A passion for building things from scratch and implementing processes and programs at scale.
- The ability to innovate and think outside of the box. You get excited about solving difficult and/or never seen before problems.
- An interest in equitable hiring practices and building diverse teams. You proactively seek avenues to identify candidates from non-traditional backgrounds and/or underrepresented communities.
- The skills and desire to provide a high-touch recruiting experience for early career talent.
- The ability to travel as needed, especially during peak seasons during the campus recruiting cycle (~25%).