Founded by Dr. Priscilla Chan and Mark Zuckerberg in 2015, the Chan Zuckerberg Initiative (CZI) is a new kind of philanthropy that’s leveraging technology to help solve some of the world’s toughest challenges – from eradicating disease, to improving education, to reforming the criminal justice system. Across three core Initiative focus areas of Science, Education and Justice and Opportunity, we’re pairing engineering with grantmaking, impact investing, policy work, and movement building, to help build an inclusive, just and healthy future for everyone.
We believe we can help build a future for everyone.
- We aim to be daring, but humble: We look for bold ideas — regardless of structure and stage — and help them scale by pairing engineers with subject matter experts to build tools that accelerate the pace of social progress.
- We want to learn fast, but build for the long-term: We want to iterate fast and help bring new solutions to the table, but we also realize that important breakthroughs often take decades, or even centuries.
- Stay close to the real problems: We engage directly in the communities we serve because no one understands our society’s challenges like those who live them every day.
Our success is dependent on building teams that include people from different backgrounds and experiences who can challenge each other's assumptions with fresh perspectives. To that end, we look for a diverse pool of applicants including those from historically marginalized groups — women, people with disabilities, people of color, formerly incarcerated people, people who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and/or gender nonconforming, first and second generation immigrants, veterans, and people from different socioeconomic backgrounds.
Our mission is to support science and technology that will help make it possible to cure, prevent, or manage all diseases by the end of the century. Interdisciplinary teams of physicians, biologists, computational scientists, and engineers can expand our understanding of the human body and illness — the very science behind medicine. CZI fosters collaboration between scientists and engineers, develops tools and technologies, and builds support for basic scientific research.
The ideal candidate will have a background in a quantitative or technical field and experience working with large data sets and making data-driven decisions. If you are mission-driven, entrepreneurial, and committed to building transformative technologies, we want to hear from you.
Meta is a product that helps biomedical researchers discover literature that’s important to their work and delivers it in real-time to their personal feeds. Meta uses artificial intelligence to organize and track over 67 million biomedical diseases, genes, proteins, techniques, researchers, journals, papers, preprints, and more—including full coverage of PubMed and bioRxiv. We believe that the complexity and scale of scientific knowledge is limiting how quickly researchers can understand, navigate and quickly make powerful connections across what is know. This is one of the fundamental challenges hindering the rate of discovery in basic scientific research.
As Data Scientist for Meta, you’ll be helping bring Meta to the broader community of researchers around the world. If you want to make a difference and help accelerate innovation in science, come and join us!
- Leverage data to understand product, identify areas of opportunity, and execute projects to drive growth and engagement of science product users.
- Drive projects focusing on user retention, user engagement, product-market-fit and growth, and mobile usage - working closely with product, engineering, data, research, and leadership teams.
- Explore the feedback and data about the customer experience, develop metrics as-needed, and ensure prioritization is data-driven and accommodating of short-term and long-term strategies for incorporating into the end-to-end product development cycle.
- Derive deep (quantitative and qualitative) insights around product use, stability, and performance of the customer experience across a variety of touch-points and data sets.
- Support product team with analysis to support decision making with reports and presentations.
- Use tools like Snowflake Computing, Mode Analytics, Adobe Marketing Cloud, Google Analytics, Python, R, ETL, Excel, and many other tools to work efficiently at scale.
- Manage communication and alignment across multiple partner teams.
- Partner with engineering and design to implement changes in existing products that are impactful for the customer experience and ensure the measurement of the outcomes of new product features that will launch are high quality and risks are understood.
- Inform, influence, and execute new quality strategies and tactics using sound analysis and impact metrics to support your positions.
- 4+ years work experience or equivalent within tech, finance, consulting or a related industry.
- Extensive quantitative or statistical analysis experience - building product intuition, solving problems using data, and providing practical business insight using data.
- Advanced experience in analytics supporting marketing, advertising, or growth; communicating technical content and analytical insights to multiple audiences.
- Advanced experience with SQL.
- Ability to process and analyze data sets, and interpret them to make business decisions.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to manage a project or product.