Founded by Dr. Priscilla Chan and Mark Zuckerberg in 2015, the Chan Zuckerberg Initiative (CZI) is a new kind of philanthropy that’s leveraging technology to help solve some of the world’s toughest challenges – from eradicating disease, to improving education, to reforming the criminal justice system. Across three core Initiative focus areas of Science, Education and Justice and Opportunity, we’re pairing engineering with grantmaking, impact investing, policy work, and movement building, to help build an inclusive, just and healthy future for everyone.
We believe we can help build a future for everyone.
- We aim to be daring, but humble: We look for bold ideas — regardless of structure and stage — and help them scale by pairing engineers with subject matter experts to build tools that accelerate the pace of social progress.
- We want to learn fast, but build for the long-term: We want to iterate fast and help bring new solutions to the table, but we also realize that important breakthroughs often take decades, or even centuries.
- Stay close to the real problems: We engage directly in the communities we serve because no one understands our society’s challenges like those who live them every day.
Our success is dependent on building teams that include people from different backgrounds and experiences who can challenge each other's assumptions with fresh perspectives. To that end, we look for a diverse pool of applicants including those from historically marginalized groups — women, people with disabilities, people of color, formerly incarcerated people, people who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and/or gender nonconforming, first and second generation immigrants, veterans, and people from different socioeconomic backgrounds.
By pairing engineers with leaders in our education, science, and justice and opportunity teams, we can bring technology to the table in new ways to help drive solutions. We are uniquely positioned to design, build, and scale software systems to help educators, scientists, and policy experts better address the myriad challenges they face.
Our Technology team is seeking a Program Manager to manage technical education programs and platforms that enable development and growth across our engineering, data, product, and design teams. We are looking for a person who is extremely detail oriented, efficient and a creative problem solver to manage programs across the engineering teams. This person will juggle multiple priorities and daily logistics as well as manage projects related to measurement, scaling and program improvements.
- Own experience for onboarding all technical new hires after the CZI-wide onboarding
- Own the ongoing learning, professional development and mobility programs CZI-wide
- Lead the process for communication and logistics for these programs
- Use data to propose programmatic improvements and drive implementation
- Lead project delivery, timelines and prioritization with the direction of the program
- Collaborate professionally with many areas of the company including HR, Engineering, Data, Product, Design and Recruiting
- Partner with vendors and contractors to ensure the overall success and scalability of the programs
- Technical program or project management experience
- Highly organized with the ability to prioritize multiple tasks while managing time efficiently
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in creating and sustaining productive relationships with senior leadership
- Demonstrated willingness to get your hands dirty and do whatever it takes to achieve the team's end goals