Founded by Dr. Priscilla Chan and Mark Zuckerberg in 2015, the Chan Zuckerberg Initiative (CZI) is a new kind of philanthropy that’s leveraging technology to help solve some of the world’s toughest challenges – from eradicating disease, to improving education, to reforming the criminal justice system. Across three core Initiative focus areas of Science, Education and Justice and Opportunity, we’re pairing engineering with grantmaking, impact investing, policy work, and movement building, to help build an inclusive, just and healthy future for everyone.
We believe we can help build a future for everyone.
- We aim to be daring, but humble: We look for bold ideas — regardless of structure and stage — and help them scale by pairing engineers with subject matter experts to build tools that accelerate the pace of social progress.
- We want to learn fast, but build for the long-term: We want to iterate fast and help bring new solutions to the table, but we also realize that important breakthroughs often take decades, or even centuries.
- Stay close to the real problems: We engage directly in the communities we serve because no one understands our society’s challenges like those who live them every day.
Our success is dependent on building teams that include people from different backgrounds and experiences who can challenge each other's assumptions with fresh perspectives. To that end, we look for a diverse pool of applicants including those from historically marginalized groups — women, people with disabilities, people of color, formerly incarcerated people, people who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and/or gender nonconforming, first and second generation immigrants, veterans, and people from different socioeconomic backgrounds.
As our Team Administrator, you will be responsible for the teams’ administrative operations as well as direct support to multiple Directors across the organization.
The Team Administrator acts as a liaison and representative for their team. As such, applicants must have strong communication skills, must be able to work independently and solve problems creatively. This person will work in close collaboration with the rest of the staff across CZI as an integral team member. This will include scheduling travel and meetings, coordinating internal processes, expenses, organizing team events, among other duties.
In Education, we aim to ensure all young people have the knowledge, skills, habits, and agency they need to thrive in an ever changing world. Through grant-making, impact investments and research and engineering we are partnering with students, educators, and parents to build and support tools and programs that make it easier to apply the science behind how people learn and develop to education. An example of our work is our partnership with Summit Learning -- a personalized approach to education developed by Summit Public Schools in partnership with learning scientists, researchers, and academics. With Summit Learning, students gain the skills, knowledge and habits to succeed in college and enter adulthood with a clear vision for achieving purpose and wellbeing in life.
- Leverage the team’s time and energy to maximize efficiency and effectiveness
- Schedule and manage complex internal and external meetings
- Schedule and manage travel for team members, both domestic and international
- Manage expense reporting, tracking, and processing
- Prioritize and manage incoming information and requests
- Build org-wide cross-functional relationships to execute goals efficiently/effectively
- Other tasks as requested, such as project coordination
- 2+ years experience as an administrative assistant
- Self-starter with excellent time management skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and clear communicator
- Comfort with ambiguity; ability to react positively and quickly to last minute changes in logistics or needs
- Experience managing complex travel, both domestic and international
- Experience with prioritizing and juggling multiple tasks
- Responsible and conscientious decision-maker with integrity, excellent judgment, and respect for confidentiality and ethics
- Experience with Microsoft Office, GSuite and Salesforce is a plus, able to navigate or learn other platforms as needed.