Founded by Dr. Priscilla Chan and Mark Zuckerberg in 2015, the Chan Zuckerberg Initiative (CZI) is a new kind of philanthropy that’s leveraging technology to help solve some of the world’s toughest challenges – from eradicating disease, to improving education, to reforming the criminal justice system. Across three core Initiative focus areas of Science, Education and Justice and Opportunity, we’re pairing engineering with grant-making, impact investing, policy work, and movement building, to help build an inclusive, just and healthy future for everyone.
We believe we can help build a future for everyone.
- We aim to be daring, but humble: We look for bold ideas — regardless of structure and stage — and help them scale by pairing engineers with subject matter experts to build tools that accelerate the pace of social progress.
- We want to learn fast, but build for the long-term: We want to iterate fast and help bring new solutions to the table, but we also realize that important breakthroughs often take decades, or even centuries.
- Stay close to the real problems: We engage directly in the communities we serve because no one understands our society’s challenges like those who live them every day.
Our success is dependent on building teams that include people from different backgrounds and experiences who can challenge each other's assumptions with fresh perspectives. To that end, we look for a diverse pool of applicants including those from historically marginalized groups — women, people with disabilities, people of color, formerly incarcerated people, people who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and/or gender nonconforming, first and second generation immigrants, veterans, and people from different socioeconomic backgrounds.
We are looking for a hyper-organized and dedicated Recruiting Coordinator to support our hiring efforts as we grow our organization. You will serve as a reliable partner to our Recruiters and hiring managers, and you will be the primary contact for our candidates every step of the way. An ideal applicant is a friendly go-getter, a self-directed problem solver, a master at multi-tasking with precise follow-through, and a believer in delivering white-glove service to every candidate.
This is a contract position based in our Redwood City office.
- Provide a high-quality interview experience for our candidates
- Support our Recruiters and hiring teams
- Own every aspect of the interview scheduling process and communicate all logistics to candidates and interview teams
- Manage and coordinate all candidate travel and reimbursements
- Maintain Greenhouse, our Applicant Tracking System, and ensure data integrity
- Partner with all team members to create and continuously improve our recruiting programs and processes
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to deliver the best service to diverse groups of people
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention-to-detail
- Proven ability to juggle and prioritize multiple time-sensitive tasks
- Creative and resourceful with the knack for building and streamlining processes
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Tech savvy, comfortable communicating virtually and learning new office tools, keeping abreast of advances in technology and social media
- Experience using Lever and/or Greenhouse is a plus!