Founded by Dr. Priscilla Chan and Mark Zuckerberg in 2015, the Chan Zuckerberg Initiative (CZI) is a new kind of philanthropy that’s leveraging technology to help solve some of the world’s toughest challenges – from eradicating disease, to improving education, to reforming the criminal justice system. Across three core Initiative focus areas of Science, Education and Justice and Opportunity, we’re pairing engineering with grant making, impact investing, policy work, and movement building, to help build an inclusive, just and healthy future for everyone.
We believe we can help build a future for everyone.
- We aim to be daring, but humble: We look for bold ideas — regardless of structure and stage — and help them scale by pairing engineers with subject matter experts to build tools that accelerate the pace of social progress.
- We want to learn fast, but build for the long-term: We want to iterate fast and help bring new solutions to the table, but we also realize that important breakthroughs often take decades, or even centuries.
- Stay close to the real problems: We engage directly in the communities we serve because no one understands our society’s challenges like those who live them every day.
Our success is dependent on building teams that include people from different backgrounds and experiences who can challenge each other's assumptions with fresh perspectives. To that end, we look for a diverse pool of applicants including those from historically marginalized groups — women, people with disabilities, people of color, formerly incarcerated people, people who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and/or gender nonconforming, first and second generation immigrants, veterans, and people from different socioeconomic backgrounds.
We are looking for a well-rounded and highly-flexible individual who will primarily be responsible for providing white glove support to our executive leadership team and executive support staff. Tasks will include tracking, troubleshooting, and resolving end-user computer issues, as well as proactive monitoring and support. The successful candidate will possess deep technical knowledge, as well as exceptional interpersonal skills and exemplary written and verbal communication. To be successful, this person must show initiative, be motivated by problem solving and customer service, have great attention to detail and be able to show discretion while also maintaining confidentiality.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for the executive leadership team and the executive assistants who support them
- Provide 24x7 technical support to onsite and remote executives, as part of an on-call rotation
- Travel, on occasion, to provide Executive support
- Ensure the highest levels of customer service in a collaborative environment with a keen focus on helping people resolve issues and problems
- Setup and monitor high-priority executive meetings utilizing collaboration and AV services
- Independently resolve complex, break/fix issues following any issue until its resolution
- Lead and assist with root cause analysis as it relates to desktop computers and all peripheral devices
- Perform installations, replacements, upgrades, and other hardware/software related tasks as needed
- Interact with IT functional groups and establish relationships cross-functionally to drive escalations to closure
- Establish trust with executives by performing expert technical support while maintaining confidentiality and showing discretion
- Create and update assorted types of documentation (Technical Documents, Knowledge Base, Training and Reference Materials)
- Direct experience supporting executives and other VIP staff
- Experience in supporting and troubleshooting macOS and Windows platforms including mobile devices running Android and iOS mobile operating systems
- Proven experience supporting cloud based collaboration services such as Facebook Workplace, Google Suite, Salesforce, Slack, Zoom, etc
- Experience working in a fast paced customer service environment, preferably within a technical organization
ABOUT THE CHAN ZUCKERBERG INITIATIVE
The Chan Zuckerberg Initiative was launched in December 2015 by Mark Zuckerberg, founder and CEO of Facebook, and his wife, Priscilla Chan, a pediatrician and founder and CEO of The Primary School in East Palo Alto. The Chan Zuckerberg Initiative is a new kind of philanthropic organization dedicated to advancing human potential and promoting equal opportunity through world class engineering, grant making, impact investing, policy, and advocacy work. Initial areas of focus include supporting science through basic biomedical research and education through personalized learning. CZI is also exploring ways to build stronger, more equitable communities through affordable housing and criminal justice reform. To learn more, visit our Facebook page.