Founded by Dr. Priscilla Chan and Mark Zuckerberg in 2015, the Chan Zuckerberg Initiative (CZI) is a new kind of philanthropy that’s leveraging technology to help solve some of the world’s toughest challenges – from eradicating disease, to improving education, to reforming the criminal justice system. Across three core Initiative focus areas of Science, Education and Justice and Opportunity, we’re pairing engineering with grantmaking, impact investing, policy work, and movement building, to help build an inclusive, just and healthy future for everyone.
We believe we can help build a future for everyone.
- We aim to be daring, but humble: We look for bold ideas — regardless of structure and stage — and help them scale by pairing engineers with subject matter experts to build tools that accelerate the pace of social progress.
- We want to learn fast, but build for the long-term: We want to iterate fast and help bring new solutions to the table, but we also realize that important breakthroughs often take decades, or even centuries.
- Stay close to the real problems: We engage directly in the communities we serve because no one understands our society’s challenges like those who live them every day.
Our success is dependent on building teams that include people from different backgrounds and experiences who can challenge each other's assumptions with fresh perspectives. To that end, we look for a diverse pool of applicants including those from historically marginalized groups — women, people with disabilities, people of color, formerly incarcerated people, people who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and/or gender nonconforming, first and second generation immigrants, veterans, and people from different socioeconomic backgrounds.
The ideal person will empower our teams to do their best work through people data, programs, and tools. You'll own all of the data and platforms for all team-related decisions and processes. The people analytics team uses both quantitative and qualitative methods to get things done.
- Be a ‘hands on’ leader that provides reporting and analytics that enable People Business Partners and business leaders to make sound decisions.
- Set the long term vision for Reporting within the People Team
- Apply your technical expertise to help solve, inform, influence, support, and execute our HR business decisions for the People Analytics team and all of our clients
- Respond to (or triage) any and all requests related to people data Partner with the HRIS team to maintain HR databases, audit data, prepare reports, propose business process improvements and automation
- Perform as an internal consultant to varying business groups (finance, legal, operations, etc.) on all people related matters
- Influence business decisions through furthering a data-driven and analytical culture across operations teams
- Build robust and automated dashboards for a wide-reaching audience, as well as tailored and customized dashboards for specific teams
- Analyze large data sets to uncover trends, identify issues and make actionable recommendations to various stakeholders and teams
- 3+ years of people management experience
- 5+ years of experience in a quantitative and analytical role in a fast-paced environment
- Strong SQL skills is preferred and expert user of Excel
- Experience with an Applicant Tracking System - ATS (Greenhouse preferred)
- Experience with an Human Resources Information System - HRIS (Workday preferred)
- Proficient in Tableau and other data visualization techniques and tools
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to engage internal and external stakeholders, at all levels, including C-level suite executives
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently
- Previous experience working on a HR team preferred