Founded by Dr. Priscilla Chan and Mark Zuckerberg in 2015, the Chan Zuckerberg Initiative (CZI) is a new kind of philanthropy that’s leveraging technology to help solve some of the world’s toughest challenges – from eradicating disease, to improving education, to reforming the criminal justice system. Across three core Initiative focus areas of Science, Education and Justice and Opportunity, we’re pairing engineering with grantmaking, impact investing, policy work, and movement building, to help build an inclusive, just and healthy future for everyone.
We believe we can help build a future for everyone.
- We aim to be daring, but humble: We look for bold ideas — regardless of structure and stage — and help them scale by pairing engineers with subject matter experts to build tools that accelerate the pace of social progress.
- We want to learn fast, but build for the long-term: We want to iterate fast and help bring new solutions to the table, but we also realize that important breakthroughs often take decades, or even centuries.
- Stay close to the real problems: We engage directly in the communities we serve because no one understands our society’s challenges like those who live them every day.
Our success is dependent on building teams that include people from different backgrounds and experiences who can challenge each other's assumptions with fresh perspectives. To that end, we look for a diverse pool of applicants including those from historically marginalized groups — women, people with disabilities, people of color, formerly incarcerated people, people who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and/or gender nonconforming, first and second generation immigrants, veterans, and people from different socioeconomic backgrounds.
The Recruiting team at CZI is looking for a Technical Recruiting Manager with a growth mindset and a deep personal connection to our mission. As a Technical Recruiting Manager, you will be a key partner and consultant to our hiring managers: you will develop, drive and execute recruiting and staffing strategies to hire the best engineering talent with traditional and non-traditional backgrounds. You will posses the rare balance of humility and assertiveness, working collaboratively with your peers and leading a team of staffing professionals. You will know how to manage, mentor, and guide a team of recruiters and/or sourcers through the entire recruiting life cycle while also working closely with our leaders to drive world class recruiting practices and strategy.
- Understand the talent needs of the business and partners with business leaders to develop initiatives and make recommendations on improvements
- Leverages information about the candidate market and competitors to inform business leaders and recruiting team of best tactics/processes
- Works within ambiguity, and adaptable through organization and business changes
- Identify trends and leverage knowledge, data and competitive intelligence to develop creative, customized sourcing strategies
- Creating innovative sourcing strategies and ensuring a high-touch candidate experience, especially for engaging candidates from diverse backgrounds
- Providing mentorship, guidance and career development to members of your team
- 8+ years of technical recruiting experience
- 4+ years of building and managing recruiting organizations, ideally in a hyper-growth environment
- Proficient in various applicant tracking system, Greenhouse preferred
- Proven leadership with a vision and strategy for talent acquisition in a highly dynamic organization
- Strong analytical skills and ability to work with metrics, numbers, and trends
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with a proven ability to take initiative and build strong, productive relationships