We believe we can help build a future for everyone.
- We aim to be daring, but humble: We look for bold ideas — regardless of structure and stage — and help them scale by pairing engineers with subject matter experts to build tools that accelerate the pace of social progress.
- We want to learn fast, but build for the long-term: We want to iterate fast and help bring new solutions to the table, but we also realize that important breakthroughs often take decades, or even centuries.
- Stay close to the real problems: We engage directly in the communities we serve because no one understands our society’s challenges like those who live them every day.
Our success is dependent on building teams that include people from different backgrounds and experiences who can challenge each other's assumptions with fresh perspectives. To that end, we look for a diverse pool of applicants including those from historically marginalized groups — women, people with disabilities, people of color, formerly incarcerated people, people who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and/or gender nonconforming, first and second generation immigrants, veterans, and people from different socioeconomic backgrounds.
By pairing engineers with leaders in our education, science, and justice and opportunity teams, we can bring technology to the table in new ways to help drive solutions. We are uniquely positioned to design, build, and scale software systems to help educators, scientists, and policy experts better address the myriad challenges they face. Our technology team is already helping schools bring personalized learning tools to teachers and schools across the country and supporting scientists around the world as they develop a comprehensive reference atlas of all cells in the human body.
We want to provide every student, and every teacher, the opportunity to reach his or her full potential. The Chan Zuckerberg Initiative supports and develops personalized learning experiences that are focused on and led by the learner - meeting them where they are cognitively, physically, socially and emotionally. We're looking for engineers to help bring a new personalized learning platform to the globe's generation of students and help advance the potential of humanity.
- Interface with engineers, product managers and data scientists to understand data needs
- Improve data usability and data quality in our data warehouse
- Launch new ETL (extract, transform, load) processes in production
- Identify impactful improvements to our data warehouse infrastructure
- 3+ years experience in Software Engineering or Data Engineering
- Expertise writing efficient and optimized SQL
- Experience with dimensional data modeling and schema design in a database or data warehouse
- Expertise with scripting languages such as Python
- Experience working with large data sets
- Experience working with cloud-based data warehouses