Change.org is searching for a Head of Product Analytics to lead a high-performing analytics team that drives data-driven decision making at Change.org through data access, analysis and analytics, particularly for the product team.
As a key member of our Product team, you will report directly to our Chief Product Officer. This is a fully remote role and you can be based in the United States or Canada.
We’re a social impact business (a public benefit company), and the world's largest non-profit owned tech platform focused on civic action with 80m monthly users, 750,000 campaigns launched on the site every month, and a revenue model that has grown considerably over the last few years.
We were recently named as a finalist for Fast Company’s 2022 World Changing Ideas Company of the Year, a finalist for the Employee Size: Midsize (100-999 employees) category AND received an honorable mention for the Change.org Racial Justice Fund in the General Excellence and Corporate Social Responsibility categories.
- A high performing team delivering high quality analytics to product teams, through hiring, coaching and mentoring on end-to-end problem solving, product analytics and product strategy.
- Product analytic expertise. Support product team decisions by providing analysis and frameworks grounded in experience in what works for consumer tech products.
- Frictionless support to product leaders. Establishing workflow processes, tools and systems that enable our analytics team to seamlessly support the analytic needs of product leaders.
- Easy access to data. Company teams can find the data they need to do their jobs easily and in a self-service way.
- Data-driven decision-making culture. Change.org values using data to drive decision-making through data access & training.
The most important skills and capabilities for the role are:
- PRODUCT STRATEGY & ANALYTICS: You thoroughly understand consumer tech platforms and what drives their success, have useful frameworks for solving product problems , a deep understanding of how product features are built and how analytics supports that.
- PROBLEM SOLVING: You have a structured approach to problem-solving. You show strong critical thinking skills. You can define a problem clearly, and design the best way to solve that problem. You take a holistic approach to determining the relevant factors and information for a problem, including considering the dimensions of the problem broadly.
- TEAM LEADERSHIP. Ability to identify & hire bar-raising talent, including running an excellent recruiting process. Ability to inspire, coach & mentor team members to lift their capabilities and performance and hold them to a high bar.
- COMMUNICATION: You demonstrate strong written and verbal communication skills. You can write clear and concise summaries of analyses. You can tailor your communication to your audience (eg from senior execs to junior team members, and from high to low contextual knowledge). You are able to liaise with stakeholders to understand their needs, and explain the team’s work.
- TECHNICAL EXPERIENCE: You are able to write performant and clean SQL. You are comfortable with the typical tools we use (Redshift, Looker, Amplitude, Spreadsheets)
- 7 years of experience in analytics or product management for consumer tech products, such as:
- Content creation flows
- Social media sharing / content virality/amplification
- Monetization flows
- Subscription products
- Two-sided markets
- 4 years of experience leading a product analytics team
- Ability to identify & hire bar-raising talent, including running an excellent recruiting process
- Ability to inspire, coach & mentor team members to lift their capabilities and performance and hold them to a high bar.
Interested? Great! Here's what you should know:
This is a remote, full-time role and can be based in the United States or Canada. Our team is high impact, low ego, and has an amazing culture to be part of.
Change.org is a global company, and salaries are adjusted for cost of labor in each city. For example, the annual salary of a Senior Director-level Head of Analytics is $190,000 USD in San Francisco would be $182,500 USD in New York City. The annual salary of a Managing Director level Head of Analytics is $220,000 USD in San Francisco would be $211,000 USD in New York City. In exceptional circumstances, we may offer below the listed salary for high potential candidates with less experience, or above it for candidates with significantly more experience.
We anticipate moving quickly and our evaluation process is as follows:
- 45-min screen with our Recruiter
- 2.5 hour take home assignment
- 1 hour interview with our VP of Finance and Strategy
- 2 hour virtual onsite with our Interim Director of Analytics and Director of Product
- 30 min interview with our Chief Product Officer
- Reference checks
We especially encourage applicants of different backgrounds, cultures, genders, experiences, abilities and perspectives to apply. We’re actively working to increase the diversity of experience and perspectives on our team and are looking for someone who is excited to contribute in that regard.
Change.org is committed to being a diverse and inclusive workplace. Everyone says this, right? Well, we mean it - we invest in serious programs to bring in and support women and people of color, we have in-person onboarding experiences and affinity groups to help everyone feel included, we regularly celebrate the heritage of all staff, and we believe strongly in consistent, fair, and transparent salary scales to help level the playing field. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, or disability or veteran status.
We're committed to protecting your data. To learn more, please review our Change.org Job Applicant CCPA Privacy Notice here.
We are legally required to conduct EEOC reporting. While this is required by the federal government, we recognize that it does not include all genders and ethnicities. We want you to know that Change.org celebrates all identities and we thank you for your participation.