The Change.org Foundation empowers millions of people to use technology to build social movements and create transformational change. Our mandate is to deepen and expand positive social impact driven by regular citizens who are most impacted by issues.
We currently operate in 10 countries in Africa, Asia, Latin America, and Europe. Our local teams support citizen organizers by amplifying their campaigns and connecting them to decision-makers. We have a proven model that strengthens local civic leadership and accelerates movement potential and systems change.
We recently opened a Country office in Nigeria and we're looking for a Campaigns Coordinator who is interested in developing their skills in coaching petition-starters to help them win, build narratives, and to do outreach. This is a key role in the Nigeria team.
This exciting role mixes digital campaigning, coaching, email engagement, and grassroots outreach to help millions of users win campaigns. We need someone who has a passion for developing their skills in online and offline campaigning, storytelling and social media and shares our passion for using digital tools to ensure that everyone has the power to have their voices heard. You’ll report to our Senior Campaigner.
As a Campaigns Coordinator you will:
- Find great petitions, both organically created and by reaching out to communities working on social issues who may be unaware of the potential of using Change.org.
- Track compelling issues and news stories to identify good opportunities for impactful petitions and find individual heroes to lead these petitions;
- Encourage and coach petition creators on how to run great social change campaigns using Change.org, coming up with powerful tactics and helping secure meetings with decision makers to take campaigns to victory.
- Identify compelling petitions started on Change.orgNigeria, in and support petition starters to optimize their petition text, implement smart tactics, amplify these petitions to reach millions of potential supporters on Change.org and keep the pressure up until victory.
- Use email and social media to engage users in signing petitions that may interest them and taking further action in support of petitions they have already signed.
- Support people who start petitions on Change.org to make progress on and win their campaigns.
- Reach out to communities working on social issues who may be unaware of the potential of using Change.org.
- Draft content for users and social media and press, or support drafting (you will get training on how to do this).
- Observe and learn how our media and communications work to support petition organizers and drive campaigns forward.
You’re a great fit for this role if:
- You are a people-person and are enthusiastic about helping win campaigns that are important to them.
- You are a good writer, researcher and communicator.
- You have your finger on the pulse of what Nigeria is talking about online, in politics, and traditional media.
- You are interested in building experience of grassroots campaigning, and come with innovative ideas to win campaigns, sometimes with a shoestring budget.
- You have a sense of what it takes to tell a good story.
- You have a flair for data analysis and solid experience with numbers and data visualization.
- You can think from the perspective of a user and petition-starter, and what would allow them to have a good experience using Change.org.
- You are committed to Change.org’s mission of empowering people to win campaigns.
- You have a positive attitude, are self-motivated and keen to learn. You flourish working in a collaborative team environment and have a willingness to take risks, to fail, and to adapt.
- The thought of a fast-paced, international news or tech environment excites you.
- You’re interested in Nigeria politics, the political process and current social justice, economic and environmental issues within Nigeria.
Interested? Great! Here's what you should know:
This is a full-time position, based in Nigeria. This role would ideally be based in Abuja, but other cities will be considered. Due to COVID-19 restrictions, applicants should expect to work remotely for an extended period of time.
We’re a small, results-oriented team. We’re driven by helping our users have impact. It’s a fast-paced, collaborative and supportive environment. Your co-workers are high-impact, low-ego, and have a deep respect for our users. We expect you to be the same.
We are accepting applications for this role until 28th January, 2022. We anticipate moving very quickly and our evaluation process is as follows:
- Screening (45 min)
- Take-home assignment (120 min)
- Virtual on-site team interview (45 min)
- Hiring Manager interview (45 min)
Change.org is committed to being a diverse and inclusive workplace. We encourage applicants of different backgrounds, cultures, genders, experiences, abilities and perspectives to apply. Join us to help change the world.