Change.org is searching for a Senior Product Manager to lead our efforts to deepen the engagement and impact of the millions of supporters visiting change.org every day.
We’re a social impact business (a public benefit company), and the largest tech platform focused on civic action in the world with 50m monthly users, 50,000 campaigns launched on the site every month, hundreds of millions of signatures per year, 200 staff, and a new revenue model that has grown by 500% in 2 years. We are profitable, growing fast, and executing on a plan to deepen and scale the social movements on our platform, from strengthening hate crime legislation in South Africa, to bringing down the price of insulin across the United States, to fighting corruption in Indonesia, Italy, and Brazil. We are seeing surging levels of activity right now as the world mobilizes to fight the Coronavirus and the cascading impacts of the Coronavirus on society's most vulnerable.
We are looking for a Senior Product Manager who is great at understanding user problems, roadmapping and product execution at scale, and has a passion for expanding our platform to mobilize hundreds of millions of people to take deeper civic action.
You will be based out of one of our PNW offices (Vancouver, Victoria, or Seattle) and report to the Product Director, Supporters. As a key member of our Supporters Pack, you’ll own 1-2 product areas and work collaboratively with a team of designers, engineers and marketers.
- Lead major product initiatives for the Supporter side of the Change.org marketplace. You will turn ambiguous problems and big ideas into a roadmap of features, experiments, and research.
- Become an authority on Change.org’s Supporter engagement and retention. You’ll identify customer needs and business opportunities through a combination of user research, collecting feedback from cross-functional teammates, diving into data, and competitive analysis.
- Define our Supporter retention strategy - as to increase Supporter LTV and long-term impact across multiple products. You’ll own features and experiments end-to-end, including writing product specs, driving cross-functional execution, making thoughtful product decisions along the way, and sharing insights and results throughout the company.
- Passionately advocate for a supporter experience that leads to greater supporter engagement and impact.
- Strengthen our analytical muscles of measuring and tracking supporter retention.
- Effectively discover and experiment when and how is best to introduce new engagement opportunities to supporters.
- Demonstrate and encourage best practices in product management by working with other PMs throughout the company.
- Engage closely with Designers and Engineers to help determine the best paths to deliver value to Supporters as effectively as possible.
The most important skills and capabilities for the role are:
- Strategic Impact: You’re able to deliver significant, measurable results for 1-2 product areas. You develop and socialize a vision, strategy, and roadmap for your product areas. Have a strong overall product judgment so you can ideate, build and execute growth solutions that solve complex product problems. Success in this skill is demonstrated by the ability to deliver outsized impact within a product’s scope.
- Analytic Sense: You’re able to use qualitative and quantitative information to frame the right questions, evaluate multiple facets of a problem, derive solutions and simulate possible outcomes. Being good with data is not the only driver for being sound from an analytics perspective – you have to think critically beyond the numbers. You lead on product discovery to valuable and feasible solutions. Ability to think outside of the box for solving problems and determining new ways of meeting a user’s needs.
- Execution: You are a strong risk-manager, advocate for best practices in agile development and propose process refinements. You have an exceptional ability to coordinate with stakeholders. Ability to independently move quickly and diligently towards a product growth goal, and effectively pivot when needed.
- Leadership: You have the ability to align people around you to deliver positive impacts with your product area. You mentor others, communicate clearly and effectively and help others navigate ambiguity.
- 4+ years of Product Management experience
- 1+ years of product retention and engagement projects
- B2C/consumer technology product experience at scale
- Strong preference for Marketplace Product Management
Additional capabilities we’ll consider:
- Tactical expertise with advocacy and/or social change organizations and impact
- Expertise in content development, website production and/or search engine optimization
- Expertise in driving results through earned, owned, and paid marketing channels
Interested? Great! Here's what you should know:
This is a full-time role based in Victoria, BC; Vancouver, BC; or Seattle, WA. Our team is high impact, low ego, and has an amazing culture to be part of.
Change.org is a global company, and salaries are adjusted for cost of labor in each city. For example, the annual salary of a Senior Product Manager is $159,500 CAD in Victoria, BC, would be $164,500 in Vancouver, BC or $157, 500 USD in Seattle, WA. In exceptional circumstances, we may offer below the listed salary for high potential candidates with less experience, or above it for candidates with significantly more experience.
We are aiming to move quickly on this role and if you’re selected to move to the next round you can expect the process to look like this:
- Prescreen with our recruiter (30 min)
- Initial screen with our hiring manager (60 min)
- Take home assignment (90 min, anonymously graded)
- “Onsite” interviews via video (~5 hours)
- Final interview with VP, Product Management (60 min)