Change.org is searching for a Senior Software Engineer to join the team specialized in building localized solutions on the Change.org platform for key developing countries across Asia, Latin America, and Africa. We’re looking for someone who can work effectively at scale, manage their own priorities and make progress with minimal supervision.
About the team
This is a globally distributed and diverse team, passionate about enabling users in emerging markets, and we hope you are too. Your work will directly impact the accessibility and usability of the Change.org platform for millions of people -- making our campaign tools more powerful and enabling microdonations at scale, with a focus on figuring out how to do this for users in non-Western democracies.
In this role, you'll get the chance to:
- Coach and support junior engineers on the team
- Contribute to the vision and long-term strategy
- Build new flows, optimize existing ones to increase the impact and quality of petitions
- Work on feature delivery
- Learn different technologies, languages, and frameworks in all layers of the web stack, from front-end to back-end to infrastructure as code
- Build a global and seamless user experience for all countries
- Ensure availability and reliability of our services in production
- Work in an agile development environment (Kanban, iterative development, short release cycles)
What we’re looking for:
- You have around 4 or more years of relevant engineering experience
- You’re a strong communicator and proficient in English (both written and verbal)
- You enjoy getting your hands into both the back and front end, and can independently work with different technologies, languages and frameworks
- You have a deep understanding of designing and building scalable, and distributed systems including microservices.
- You have practiced agile methodologies and fast development cycles
- You’re committed to collaborating remotely across time zones
- You’re proficient in applying security best practices during development
- You would be open to learning about DevOps (i.e: Kubernetes, Graph QL)
More about Change.org
Change.org is the largest tech platform focused on civic action in the world with 100m monthly users, 50,000 campaigns launched on the site every month, staff in over a dozen countries, and a user-driven revenue model that is scaling rapidly. Our model is a proven engine for social change and citizen leadership, with incredible potential for growth. Our users win campaigns for change once every hour -- from strengthening hate crime legislation in South Africa; fighting corruption in Indonesia and Brazil; to fighting violence against women in India -- and our product development work is all about putting more power in the hands of our users so they can win their campaigns for change.
We are committed to being a diverse and inclusive workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical disability, or length of time spent unemployed.
We’re working for a world where no one is powerless, and where creating change is a part of everyday life. We’re just getting started and hope you’ll join us.