Job Title: Business Development Representative
Reports to: VP of Sales
FLSA Status: Exempt
Location: Houston / Remote
ChaiOne is a pioneer in industrial digitalization. Reimagining plant, field, supply chain processes with design thinking led solutions that reduce cost, increase adoption, and elevate the customer experience. The complete strategy-to-solution expertise sets ChaiOne apart to help industrial customers achieve exponential outcomes across their logistics, supply chain, field, and plant operations. We make complex simple. We are artsy, entrepreneurial, innovators that have fun while working hard.
We are a tight-knit bunch of creative, curious, and passionate people. Here are a few reasons that we know you'd love it here:
- You’ll work in a flexible, social work environment.
- You'll solve challenging, meaningful problems worth solving.
- You’ll explore cutting edge technology and harness its power to transform the way businesses operate.
The Business Development Representative is a critical member of the sales and marketing team- responsible for managing lead generation and qualification and prospect relationships, as well as supporting marketing initiatives and collaborating with Client Partners to increase revenue from existing clients. The BDE works with Marketing to support lead generation efforts and also with Client Partners to develop and execute on strategic account plans. The ideal candidate is an independent worker, eager to learn enterprise custom software sales and equally hungry to identify and close business. The BDE collaborates with executives to quarterback the sales process and directly contribute to company growth.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Independently manage and maintain a pipeline of new business opportunities from marketing generated demand leads, inbound emails and calls and targeted campaigns.
- Execute outbound prospecting activities (cold call, social media, email) to develop and qualify leads within specified customer segments in your assigned region.
- Identify and coordinate sales activities for assigned accounts across internal and external stakeholders and resources.
- Increase sales volume within existing accounts through development and execution of strategic account plans with Client Partners and Account Executives.
- Develop relationships and establish meetings with senior executives to identify broader sales opportunities and generate growth.
- Align company solutions to the customer’s business needs, challenges, and technical requirements
- Maintain pipeline and work activities in HubSpot.
- Draft proposals and coordinate development of Statements of Work for presentation to prospective clients.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, or related field
- Motivated, driven, ‘hunter’ mentality, and “can-do” attitude
- 2+ years prior B2B Inside Sales/Business development experience in technology consulting, design or custom software development required
- Proven track record of meeting and exceeding quotas
- Demonstrated ability to learn and adopt successful sales techniques
- Ability to build, maintain, & grow relationships
- Excellent organizational skills with high attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to develop trusted relationships
- Ability and resilience to work in a fast-paced sales environment.
- Solid understanding of technical applications used for selling such as MS Office Suite, Google Apps, CRM.
- Flexible work hours
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
- Disability & Life Insurance
- 401k with 4% employer match
- 15 days PTO
- Unlimited Sick Time
- Free Onsite Parking
- Employee Discounts (Fitness, Car Rental, Airport Parking and more)
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.