Blockchain technology is powering a growing wave of innovation. Businesses and governments around the world are using blockchains to make banking more efficient, connect with their customers, and investigate criminal cases. As adoption of blockchain technology grows, more and more organizations seek access to all this ecosystem has to offer. That’s where Chainalysis comes in. We provide complete knowledge of what’s happening on blockchains through our data, services, and solutions. With Chainalysis, organizations can navigate blockchains safely and with confidence.
The global financial ecosystem is changing. Revolutionary blockchain technology has unlocked the potential for people around the world to have more equal access to wealth and information. This transformation has begun with the mass global adoption of cryptocurrencies but like all new financial systems, it needs greater trust to realize its full potential and remain safe from bad actors. That’s where we come in. The Chainalysis blockchain data platform enables businesses, governments, and banks to solve the world’s most high-profile criminal cases, paving the way for an economy built on blockchains.
The Engineering team at Chainalysis is inspired by solving the hardest technical challenges and creating products that build trust in cryptocurrencies. We’re a global organization with teams in the UK, Denmark, and the USA who thrive on the challenging work we do and doing it with other exceptionally talented teammates. Our industry changes every day and our job is to build a flexible platform that will allow us to adapt to those rapid changes.
As a Data Engineer, Analytics, you’ll be responsible for building and maintaining the data layer for our analytics stack, top to bottom. You will connect our analytics stack with the rest of our infrastructure using both streaming and batch processes. You’ll write and maintain ELTs and their orchestration in order to produce meaningful and timely insights. You’ll work closely with our BI engineers to build a system that has a sensible balance between data access and security, empowering analysts to support critical data-driven decisions across the company.
In one year you’ll know you were successful if you and have:
- You’ve worked with other engineering teams to understand their data lifecycle, the right integration points and helped them integrate analytics at the design stage of projects.
- You’ve developed and managed scalable data pipelines and build out new integrations with internal and external data sources
- You’ve maintained optimal data pipeline architecture, including looking for and proposing improvements to the existing architecture.
- Together with the rest of the team, you’ve evaluated our current analytics stack and are working towards a system that’s modern, scalable, maintainable and cost-effective.
A background like this helps:
- Experience in greenfield data engineering projects, specifically in analytics and data infrastructure projects.
- Advanced knowledge of modern data pipeline architecture and the AWS ecosystem including Redshift, Snowflake, Fivetran, Stitch, Databricks, Kafka, Airflow on Kubernetes and dbt
- Experience performing root cause analysis on data logging and ingestion processes, identifying opportunities to improve instrumentation and observability
- Comfort with Python, Java or another JVM language
- Experience writing Advanced SQL queries
- Have an interest in cryptocurrencies or a desire to learn - we can help!
At Chainalysis, we help government agencies, cryptocurrency businesses, and financial institutions track and investigate illicit activity on the blockchain, allowing them to engage confidently with cryptocurrency. We take care of our people with great benefits, professional development opportunities, and fun.
You belong here.
At Chainalysis, we believe that diversity of experience and thought makes us stronger. With both customers and employees around the world, we are committed to ensuring our team reflects the unique communities around us. Some of the ways we’re ensuring we keep learning are an internal Diversity Committee, Days of Reflection throughout the year including International Women’s Day, Harvey Milk Day, World Humanitarian Day, and UN International Migrants Day, and a commitment to continue revisiting and reevaluating our diversity culture.
We encourage applicants across any race, ethnicity, gender/gender expression, age, spirituality, ability, experience and more. Additionally, if you need any accommodations to make our interview process more accessible to you due to a disability, don't hesitate to let us know. You can learn more here. We can’t wait to meet you.
By submitting this application, I consent to and authorize Chainalysis to contact my former employers, and any and all other persons and organizations for information bearing upon my qualifications for employment. I further authorize the listed employers, schools and personal references to give Chainalysis (without further notice to me) any and all information about my previous employment and education, along with other pertinent information they may have, and hereby waive any actions which I may have against either party(ies) for providing a reference. I understand any future employment will be contingent on the Company receiving satisfactory employment references.