Blockchain technology is powering a growing wave of innovation. Businesses and governments around the world are using blockchains to make banking more efficient, connect with their customers, and investigate criminal cases. As adoption of blockchain technology grows, more and more organizations seek access to all this ecosystem has to offer. That’s where Chainalysis comes in. We provide complete knowledge of what’s happening on blockchains through our data, services, and solutions. With Chainalysis, organizations can navigate blockchains safely and with confidence.
The engineering team at Chainalysis is inspired by solving the hardest technical challenges and creating products that build trust in cryptocurrencies. We’re a global organization with teams in Denmark, UK, and the USA who thrive on the challenging work we do and doing it with other exceptionally talented teammates. Our industry changes every day and our job is to create user facing products supported by a flexible and scalable data platform allowing us to adapt to those rapid changes and bring value to our customers.
As a Software Engineer within Investigations, you’ll join a team of other engineers and share the responsibility of providing the right tools for the right data in order to build best in class customer experiences for our customers. Thus, you’ll find the opportunity to lead, build and maintain new customer facing web frontend features as well as the services backing them. Part of this responsibility is also to learn and understand the underlying data platform, in order to partner with product managers and designers to deliver impactful solutions to our customers.
In one year you’ll know you were successful if:
- You've grown part of an established team with a smooth and sustainable way of collaborating and sharing tasks. A team which can focus on generating impact and spend less time on maintenance and bugs.
- Your ability and willingness to assist where needed has made you a key contributor to solutions with a high degree of availability and low maintainability in close collaboration with your team.
- Your curiosity around cryptocurrencies/decentralized-finance and passion for learning has guided you in seeking out knowledge and collaborating with people close to our products in order to gain customer understanding as well as valuable insights into our data platform.
A background like this helps:
- Experience with object-oriented programming languages. Our backend services are primarily Spring-based written in Java.
- Experience with frontend development. We mainly use React and Angular.
- Experience with building and running your own services. I.e. to monitor and maintain shipped features/services. We primarily use Datadog and Humio.
- Experience with shipping and iterating in close collaboration with design and product partners.
- Experience with cloud providers ideally AWS.
- Experience with infrastructure as code (IaC) tools such as Terraform, Terragrunt, CloudFormation.
- Experience with mentoring and/or leading other engineers.
At Chainalysis, we help government agencies, cryptocurrency businesses, and financial institutions track and investigate illicit activity on the blockchain, allowing them to engage confidently with cryptocurrency. We take care of our people with great benefits, professional development opportunities, and fun.
You belong here.
At Chainalysis, we believe that diversity of experience and thought makes us stronger. With both customers and employees around the world, we are committed to ensuring our team reflects the unique communities around us. Some of the ways we’re ensuring we keep learning are an internal Diversity Committee, Days of Reflection throughout the year including International Women’s Day, Harvey Milk Day, World Humanitarian Day, and UN International Migrants Day, and a commitment to continue revisiting and reevaluating our diversity culture.
We encourage applicants across any race, ethnicity, gender/gender expression, age, spirituality, ability, experience and more. Additionally, if you need any accommodations to make our interview process more accessible to you due to a disability, don't hesitate to let us know. You can learn more here. We can’t wait to meet you.
By submitting this application, I consent to and authorize Chainalysis to contact my former employers, and any and all other persons and organizations for information bearing upon my qualifications for employment. I further authorize the listed employers, schools and personal references to give Chainalysis (without further notice to me) any and all information about my previous employment and education, along with other pertinent information they may have, and hereby waive any actions which I may have against either party(ies) for providing a reference. I understand any future employment will be contingent on the Company receiving satisfactory employment references.