The global financial ecosystem is changing. Revolutionary blockchain technology has unlocked the potential for people around the world to have more equal access to wealth and information. This transformation has begun with the mass global adoption of cryptocurrencies but like all new financial systems, it needs greater trust to realize its full potential and remain safe from bad actors. That’s where we come in. The Chainalysis blockchain data platform enables businesses, governments, and banks to solve the world’s most high-profile criminal cases, paving the way for an economy built on blockchains.
The engineering team at Chainalysis is inspired by solving the hardest technical challenges and creating products that build trust in cryptocurrencies. We’re a global organization with teams in the UK, Denmark, and the USA who thrive on the challenging work we do and doing it with other exceptionally talented teammates. Our industry changes every day and our job is to build a flexible platform that will allow us to adapt to those rapid changes.
Engineering Managers are, to put it simply, responsible for making sure our engineers are successful. They’re trusted mentors to their team and vital partners for Product Managers. They are especially adept at building and leading highly skilled teams, advising on complex scaling challenges, and immersing themselves in customer use cases and problems - often all in the same day. We measure success by the retention and engagement of our engineers, and ultimately the delivery against our product roadmap.
In one year you’ll know you were successful if you have:
- Led and empowered one or more teams of engineers who are effective and love what they do.
- Hired exceptional people to grow your team(s) with a focus on diversity, scalability, and always raising the bar.
- Built relationships with the Product Management team based on credibility and candor that result in lofty goals, clear objectives, and confidence that you’ll meet them. Worked with PMs and your team to set clear objectives and meet them.
- Helped the entire engineering team get better at what we do through building smarter ways of working.
- Guided and helped the engineering team build scalable, flexible, and maintainable data and analytics systems and micro services.
A background like this helps:
- A software or data engineering background (and you secretly put your hands on the keyboard when you get a chance.)
- Have built systems in a cloud environment (AWS, GCP).
- Managed a diverse team of impactful engineers, ideally in a fast growing startup.
- Mentored and managed Staff+ level individual contributors.
- Experience hiring engineers and working closely with recruiters as a team.
- Collaborative and a servant leader.
- Aren’t afraid to jump into a problem and get it sorted, even if it’s outside of your day to day role.
- Have an interest in blockchain protocols or a desire to learn - we can help!
At Chainalysis, we help government agencies, cryptocurrency businesses, and financial institutions track and investigate illicit activity on the blockchain, allowing them to engage confidently with cryptocurrency. We take care of our people with great benefits, professional development opportunities, and fun.
You belong here.
At Chainalysis, we believe that diversity of experience and thought makes us stronger. With both customers and employees around the world, we are committed to ensuring our team reflects the unique communities around us. Some of the ways we’re ensuring we keep learning are an internal Diversity Committee, Days of Reflection throughout the year including International Women’s Day, Harvey Milk Day, World Humanitarian Day, and UN International Migrants Day, and a commitment to continue revisiting and reevaluating our diversity culture.
We encourage applicants across any race, ethnicity, gender/gender expression, age, spirituality, ability, experience and more. Additionally, if you need any accommodations to make our interview process more accessible to you due to a disability, don't hesitate to let us know. You can learn more here. We can’t wait to meet you.
By submitting this application, I consent to and authorize Chainalysis to contact my former employers, and any and all other persons and organizations for information bearing upon my qualifications for employment. I further authorize the listed employers, schools and personal references to give Chainalysis (without further notice to me) any and all information about my previous employment and education, along with other pertinent information they may have, and hereby waive any actions which I may have against either party(ies) for providing a reference. I understand any future employment will be contingent on the Company receiving satisfactory employment references.