The global financial ecosystem is changing. Revolutionary blockchain technology has unlocked the potential for people around the world to have more equal access to wealth and information. This transformation has begun with the mass global adoption of cryptocurrencies but like all new financial systems, it needs greater trust to realize its full potential and remain safe from bad actors. That’s where we come in. The Chainalysis blockchain data platform enables businesses, governments, and banks to solve the world’s most high-profile criminal cases, paving the way for an economy built on blockchains.
The sales team responsible for our US Private Sector customers helps organizations safely expand and develop their operations into the crypto ecosystem by providing them the solutions and information they need to make compliant and intelligent data driven decisions. This team also works with private sector firms trying to understand and disrupt ransomware and other cyber crimes by tracking and investigating activities that involve cryptocurrency. We’re experts on the “why” and the “how” with deep relationships and knowledge of navigating complex and multi dimensional sales processes.
Sales Directors are servant leaders dedicated to enabling their team and yet still enjoy the thrill of creating a calculated account plan and then closing a deal. Charged with leading a team of high-performing sales reps and hiring as needed to meet increasing market demand, you know how to attract exceptional talent, evaluate sales skills, and run a hiring process that is lean and leaves a positive impression on every candidate. We measure your success by your ability to accurately forecast revenue and hit (read: exceed) quotas with maximum engagement from your team.
In one year you’ll know you were successful if…
- You’ve developed a winning team who are exceeding their quota and objectives.
- You’ve up-skilled the team’s ability to drive sales wins by participating in and leading client and prospect meetings.
- Stakeholders across the sales teams and rest of the company trust you and are eager to support and provide resources to your team.
- You’ve built transparent and valuable relationships with your team and have developed an effective and efficient strategy for recruiting, hiring, and training new Account Executives on the sales motion at Chainalysis.
- Your team has a reliable cadence for rhythm for forecast meetings and each team member’s forecast is accurate and documented in Salesforce.
- Your team’s closure rates have increased and customer churn has decreased because of your direct coaching and mentorship.
- Senior sales management can trust and rely on your forecasts and sales activity to inform the overall sales strategy across the business.
- You know the intricacies of your teams’ sales activity and track the results to inform your forecasts and individual development plans.
A background like this helps:
- Recent experience managing and closing complex SaaS sales within US Private Sector customers associated with Fintech and Financial services are a plus.
- Experience managing the sales cycle from pipeline creation to complex security reviews and procurement.
- Key industry knowledge and ability to effectively articulate the Chainalysis value proposition
- Track record of over-achieving quota (top 10-20% of company) in past positions
- Ability to negotiate pricing, terms and conditions and other concessions in complex, multi-year SaaS sales agreements.
- History of scaling and coaching high-performing and diverse sales teams
- Experience with Financial Intelligence, Blockchain, Cyber Security, and/or Cryptocurrency technologies
The base salary range for this role is $150,000 to $186,300 on a national basis and may be higher or lower depending on the location of the role. Base salary is just one part of our total rewards package which additionally includes equity, performance bonus or commissions for eligible roles, and competitive benefits. Individual pay decisions are based on a number of factors, including qualifications for the role, relevant work experience, skillset, internal equity, and other factors, consistent with applicable law.
At Chainalysis, we help government agencies, cryptocurrency businesses, and financial institutions track and investigate illicit activity on the blockchain, allowing them to engage confidently with cryptocurrency. We take care of our people with great benefits, professional development opportunities, and fun.
You belong here.
At Chainalysis, we believe that diversity of experience and thought makes us stronger. With both customers and employees around the world, we are committed to ensuring our team reflects the unique communities around us. Some of the ways we’re ensuring we keep learning are an internal Diversity Committee, Days of Reflection throughout the year including International Women’s Day, Juneteenth, Harvey Milk Day, and International Migrant’s Day, and a commitment to continue revisiting and reevaluating our diversity culture.
We encourage applicants across any race, ethnicity, gender/gender expression, age, spirituality, ability, experience and more. Additionally, if you need any accommodations to make our interview process more accessible to you due to a disability, don't hesitate to let us know. You can learn more here. We can’t wait to meet you.
Applying from the EU? Please review our Candidate GDPR Notice.
By submitting this application, I consent to and authorize Chainalysis to contact my former employers, and any and all other persons and organizations for information bearing upon my qualifications for employment. I further authorize the listed employers, schools and personal references to give Chainalysis (without further notice to me) any and all information about my previous employment and education, along with other pertinent information they may have, and hereby waive any actions which I may have against either party(ies) for providing a reference. I understand any future employment will be contingent on the Company receiving satisfactory employment references.
Chainalysis COVID-19 Policy - USA
All employees are required to have or obtain a COVID-19 vaccination as a condition of employment at Chainalysis, unless an exemption has been approved. All employees shall be required to report their vaccine status. All new employees shall be required to provide proof of their vaccination status prior to the start of their employment.
Chainalysis COVID-19 Policy - EMEA
As an employer, Chainalysis is obliged to ensure a healthy and safe working environment. This means that we must try to prevent the coronavirus from spreading inside the workplace and all employees are obliged to follow the local regulations issued by the relevant health authorities.
- To help support a safe work environment, we encourage all employees in EMEA to get fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
- Employees will not be required to attend an event or in-person customer meeting.
- Employees in the EU and the UK are allowed to travel internationally for internal meetings to any country deemed “green or amber” by the EU and the UK authorities. All attendees for Chainalysis in-person events or meetings will be required to adhere to the following guidelines:
- International travel will only be permitted if you receive approval from both your manager and Executive Leader
- You must familiarize yourself and comply with any screening/safety protocols imposed by the entity/individual hosting the in-person meeting or event
- You must comply with any and all safety guidelines and travel restrictions established by applicable law
- If you are in close or proximate contact with others at the event/customer site and test positive for COVID-19, you must immediately notify the People Team and avoid contact with others for 10 days
Chainalysis COVID-19 Policy - APAC
With circumstances changing on a regular basis and parts of our APAC team going in and out of mandatory lockdown, APAC will continue to follow country legislation and guidelines.