The global financial ecosystem is changing. Revolutionary blockchain technology has unlocked the potential for people around the world to have more equal access to wealth and information. This transformation has begun with the mass global adoption of cryptocurrencies but like all new financial systems, it needs greater trust to realize its full potential and remain safe from bad actors. That’s where we come in. The Chainalysis blockchain data platform enables businesses, governments, and banks to solve the world’s most high-profile criminal cases, paving the way for an economy built on blockchains.
Like the brakes on a car, the Security team’s mission is to enable Chainalysis to accelerate with confidence. Our Vision is to build an environment where Information Security risks are identified, understood, and led to an acceptable level across Chainalysis. We have the tools, resources, and expertise to make optimal decisions for business success.
We're looking for a Product Security Manager who will build and lead the roadmap and programs to improve the environment around them at Chainalysis whether that be infrastructure, systems, or methodologies. Curiosity and an instinct to search for ways to reduce the likelihood and impact of a breach of confidentiality, integrity or availability are key. We measure their success by the ability to secure and empower the organization to build, deploy, and maintain secure services and products while creating a positive impact on our security posture and culture.
In one year you’ll know you were successful if you’ve…
- Developed a Product Security program that collaborated with partners, has clearly scoped projects, made data driven decisions, and emulate a positive security culture
- Completed a vulnerability management program with a defined methodology and low friction implementation
- Enhanced security architecture review process through the technical expertise and threat modeling to provide practical guidance
- Conducted regular penetration tests, application and cloud security assessments to identify configuration drift, misconfigurations, multi-step chained vulnerabilities
- Collected and prepared metrics to identify trends, opportunities of improvement, and executive summaries
- Liaised and partnered with leadership and engineers to increase the adoption of security throughout and earlier in the software development lifecycle
- Lead, support and grow a product security team through coaching, mentorship, cross-collaborating training
A background like this helps:
- Strong fundamental knowledge and experience in assessing, building, auditing, and securing solutions for a wide range of technologies.
- Experience scoping, delegating, and completing large cross-functional projects
- Proven success in building strategic partnerships across multiple teams within an organization
- Confident in navigating ambiguity and evolving, innovative technologies including Web3
- Experience building out Product Security programs in fast moving environments
- Collaborating with cross-functional partners to build comprehensive solutions
- Background securing cloud-native environments and SaaS technologies
- Demonstrated domain expertise across multiple disciplines (Development, On-Prem & Cloud Solutions, CI/CD pipelines, Application Security, Vulnerability Management)
- Mentor and team leader with the ability to explain the “why” behind decisions and technical concepts
At Chainalysis, we help government agencies, cryptocurrency businesses, and financial institutions track and investigate illicit activity on the blockchain, allowing them to engage confidently with cryptocurrency. We take care of our people with great benefits, professional development opportunities, and fun.
You belong here.
At Chainalysis, we believe that diversity of experience and thought makes us stronger. With both customers and employees around the world, we are committed to ensuring our team reflects the unique communities around us. Some of the ways we’re ensuring we keep learning are an internal Diversity Committee, Days of Reflection throughout the year including International Women’s Day, Juneteenth, Harvey Milk Day, and International Migrant’s Day, and a commitment to continue revisiting and reevaluating our diversity culture.
We encourage applicants across any race, ethnicity, gender/gender expression, age, spirituality, ability, experience and more. Additionally, if you need any accommodations to make our interview process more accessible to you due to a disability, don't hesitate to let us know. You can learn more here. We can’t wait to meet you.
Applying from the EU? Please review our Candidate GDPR Notice.
By submitting this application, I consent to and authorize Chainalysis to contact my former employers, and any and all other persons and organizations for information bearing upon my qualifications for employment. I further authorize the listed employers, schools and personal references to give Chainalysis (without further notice to me) any and all information about my previous employment and education, along with other pertinent information they may have, and hereby waive any actions which I may have against either party(ies) for providing a reference. I understand any future employment will be contingent on the Company receiving satisfactory employment references.
Chainalysis COVID-19 Policy - USA
All employees are required to have or obtain a COVID-19 vaccination as a condition of employment at Chainalysis, unless an exemption has been approved. All employees shall be required to report their vaccine status. All new employees shall be required to provide proof of their vaccination status prior to the start of their employment.
Chainalysis COVID-19 Policy - EMEA
As an employer, Chainalysis is obliged to ensure a healthy and safe working environment. This means that we must try to prevent the coronavirus from spreading inside the workplace and all employees are obliged to follow the local regulations issued by the relevant health authorities.
- To help support a safe work environment, we encourage all employees in EMEA to get fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
- Employees will not be required to attend an event or in-person customer meeting.
- Employees in the EU and the UK are allowed to travel internationally for internal meetings to any country deemed “green or amber” by the EU and the UK authorities. All attendees for Chainalysis in-person events or meetings will be required to adhere to the following guidelines:
- International travel will only be permitted if you receive approval from both your manager and Executive Leader
- You must familiarize yourself and comply with any screening/safety protocols imposed by the entity/individual hosting the in-person meeting or event
- You must comply with any and all safety guidelines and travel restrictions established by applicable law
- If you are in close or proximate contact with others at the event/customer site and test positive for COVID-19, you must immediately notify the People Team and avoid contact with others for 10 days
Chainalysis COVID-19 Policy - APAC
With circumstances changing on a regular basis and parts of our APAC team going in and out of mandatory lockdown, APAC will continue to follow country legislation and guidelines.