The global financial ecosystem is changing. Revolutionary blockchain technology has unlocked the potential for people around the world to have more equal access to wealth and information. This transformation has begun with the mass global adoption of cryptocurrencies but like all new financial systems, it needs greater trust to realize its full potential and remain safe from bad actors. That’s where we come in. The Chainalysis blockchain data platform enables businesses, governments, and banks to solve the world’s most high-profile criminal cases, paving the way for an economy built on blockchains.
Chainalysis is helping create transparency and trust across blockchains so our customers across both private and public sector can engage confidently with cryptocurrency.
Our Business Development team is focused on engaging with new prospective customers; understanding their use cases, identifying their needs, and articulating how our blockchain analytic solutions can provide value to their organization.
As we continue to grow we are looking for a Business Development Manager to oversee our Sales Development team covering the US public sector. The ideal candidate is someone who has experience in: developing strategic prospecting plans, overseeing pipeline generation activities, consultative/solution selling motions, and management or similar leadership roles.
You will be measured by outcome focused metrics including the volume of qualified sales opportunities, growth of our top of funnel prospects, and BDR influenced bookings.
In this role you’ll be responsible for:
- Direct oversight of a BDR team that supports the US public sector sales organization
- Hiring, and onboarding new team members
- Conduct performance reviews, provide coaching/feedback, and discuss career development with team members
- Ensure timely follow up on inbound leads
- Building effective partnerships with members of sales and marketing teams to ensure alignment with GTM priorities
- Report on team performance, identifying gaps/ areas for improvement as well as
- Collaborating with senior sales development leadership on process improvements, building team culture, and other projects to enhance the Business Development program
In one year you’ll know you were successful if...
- You’ve successfully hired, onboarded and retained top sales talent
- Implemented coaching programs for our Business Development team
- You’ve partnered directly with sales leadership in the Public Sector to prioritize accounts and allocated resources appropriately to build pipeline
- You’ve established metrics to track, improve, and predict the performance of your team
- Your team has exceeded quarterly quota on a regular basis
A background like this helps:
- 2+ years sales development experience in preferably in a manager / team leader role
- Previous experience working in a SaaS, FinTech, Cyber Security, or cryptocurrency business
- Knowledge of the public sector either at State/Local or Federal level preferred but not required
- Competency using tools such as SFDC, SalesLoft, ZoomInfo or similar systems
- A love of hiring, coaching, and developing new sales talent
- Curiosity and interest in the cryptocurrency industry
At Chainalysis, we help government agencies, cryptocurrency businesses, and financial institutions track and investigate illicit activity on the blockchain, allowing them to engage confidently with cryptocurrency. We take care of our people with great benefits, professional development opportunities, and fun.
You belong here.
At Chainalysis, we believe that diversity of experience and thought makes us stronger. With both customers and employees around the world, we are committed to ensuring our team reflects the unique communities around us. Some of the ways we’re ensuring we keep learning are an internal Diversity Committee, Days of Reflection throughout the year including International Women’s Day, Juneteenth, Harvey Milk Day, and International Migrant’s Day, and a commitment to continue revisiting and reevaluating our diversity culture.
We encourage applicants across any race, ethnicity, gender/gender expression, age, spirituality, ability, experience and more. Additionally, if you need any accommodations to make our interview process more accessible to you due to a disability, don't hesitate to let us know. You can learn more here. We can’t wait to meet you.
Applying from the EU? Please review our Candidate GDPR Notice.
By submitting this application, I consent to and authorize Chainalysis to contact my former employers, and any and all other persons and organizations for information bearing upon my qualifications for employment. I further authorize the listed employers, schools and personal references to give Chainalysis (without further notice to me) any and all information about my previous employment and education, along with other pertinent information they may have, and hereby waive any actions which I may have against either party(ies) for providing a reference. I understand any future employment will be contingent on the Company receiving satisfactory employment references.
Chainalysis COVID-19 Policy - USA
All employees are required to have or obtain a COVID-19 vaccination as a condition of employment at Chainalysis, unless an exemption has been approved. All employees shall be required to report their vaccine status. All new employees shall be required to provide proof of their vaccination status prior to the start of their employment.
Chainalysis COVID-19 Policy - EMEA
As an employer, Chainalysis is obliged to ensure a healthy and safe working environment. This means that we must try to prevent the coronavirus from spreading inside the workplace and all employees are obliged to follow the local regulations issued by the relevant health authorities.
- To help support a safe work environment, we encourage all employees in EMEA to get fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
- Employees will not be required to attend an event or in-person customer meeting.
- Employees in the EU and the UK are allowed to travel internationally for internal meetings to any country deemed “green or amber” by the EU and the UK authorities. All attendees for Chainalysis in-person events or meetings will be required to adhere to the following guidelines:
- International travel will only be permitted if you receive approval from both your manager and Executive Leader
- You must familiarize yourself and comply with any screening/safety protocols imposed by the entity/individual hosting the in-person meeting or event
- You must comply with any and all safety guidelines and travel restrictions established by applicable law
- If you are in close or proximate contact with others at the event/customer site and test positive for COVID-19, you must immediately notify the People Team and avoid contact with others for 10 days
Chainalysis COVID-19 Policy - APAC
With circumstances changing on a regular basis and parts of our APAC team going in and out of mandatory lockdown, APAC will continue to follow country legislation and guidelines.