Our team’s vision is to build an environment where Information Security and Privacy risks are identified, understood, and managed to an acceptable level across Chainalysis. We have the tools, resources, and expertise to make optimal decisions for business success. We are committed to building a diverse team of builders, breakers and shapers to address complex security and privacy problems in a novel, exciting space.
A Senior Data Privacy Analyst is responsible for the delivery of privacy governance and providing insight and advice to support Chainalysis data handling practices. They do this to both create a more secure and compliant environment for our teams and to build trusting relationships with our customers.
In one year you’ll know you were successful if you have…
- Built strong relationships internally and became an expert on Chainalysis products
- Operationalized various privacy by design capabilities within our product and engineering teams
- Implemented and managed privacy program capabilities, including but not limited to DPIAs, DSARs, ROPA etc
- Worked with the team to monitor data management procedures and compliance
- Updated detailed guides on data protection policies and procedures
A background like this helps:
- 1-3 years of experience in relevant Data Privacy or related roles (inhouse or consulting)
- Have in-depth working knowledge of GDPR, CCPA and similar data protection regulations and industry best practices
- Familiar with BlockChain and the nature of its data processing activities.
- Experience with Software-as-a-Service or cloud service providers industry challenges
- Foundational knowledge of security process and activities
- Able to collect, synthesize, and analyze data from multiple outputs, including computer log sources to draw valid conclusions.
- Team player, strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with diverse and distributed teams
- Self-starter, self-motivated, proactive problem-solver with good time management skills and ability to overcome obstacles
- CIPM required and willing to complete CIPP/US/E or CDPSE within a year
At Chainalysis, we help government agencies, cryptocurrency businesses, and financial institutions track and investigate illicit activity on the blockchain, allowing them to engage confidently with cryptocurrency. We take care of our people with great benefits, professional development opportunities, and fun.
You belong here.
At Chainalysis, we believe that diversity of experience and thought makes us stronger. With both customers and employees around the world, we are committed to ensuring our team reflects the unique communities around us. Some of the ways we’re ensuring we keep learning are an internal Diversity Committee, Days of Reflection throughout the year including International Women’s Day, Juneteenth, Harvey Milk Day, and International Migrant’s Day, and a commitment to continue revisiting and reevaluating our diversity culture.
We encourage applicants across any race, ethnicity, gender/gender expression, age, spirituality, ability, experience and more. Additionally, if you need any accommodations to make our interview process more accessible to you due to a disability, don't hesitate to let us know. You can learn more here. We can’t wait to meet you.
Applying from the EU? Please review our Candidate GDPR Notice.
By submitting this application, I consent to and authorize Chainalysis to contact my former employers, and any and all other persons and organizations for information bearing upon my qualifications for employment. I further authorize the listed employers, schools and personal references to give Chainalysis (without further notice to me) any and all information about my previous employment and education, along with other pertinent information they may have, and hereby waive any actions which I may have against either party(ies) for providing a reference. I understand any future employment will be contingent on the Company receiving satisfactory employment references.
Chainalysis COVID-19 Policy - USA
All employees are required to have or obtain a COVID-19 vaccination as a condition of employment at Chainalysis, unless an exemption has been approved. All employees shall be required to report their vaccine status. All new employees shall be required to provide proof of their vaccination status prior to the start of their employment.
Chainalysis COVID-19 Policy - EMEA
As an employer, Chainalysis is obliged to ensure a healthy and safe working environment. This means that we must try to prevent the coronavirus from spreading inside the workplace and all employees are obliged to follow the local regulations issued by the relevant health authorities.
- To help support a safe work environment, we encourage all employees in EMEA to get fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
- Employees will not be required to attend an event or in-person customer meeting.
- Employees in the EU and the UK are allowed to travel internationally for internal meetings to any country deemed “green or amber” by the EU and the UK authorities. All attendees for Chainalysis in-person events or meetings will be required to adhere to the following guidelines:
- International travel will only be permitted if you receive approval from both your manager and Executive Leader
- You must familiarize yourself and comply with any screening/safety protocols imposed by the entity/individual hosting the in-person meeting or event
- You must comply with any and all safety guidelines and travel restrictions established by applicable law
- If you are in close or proximate contact with others at the event/customer site and test positive for COVID-19, you must immediately notify the People Team and avoid contact with others for 10 days
Chainalysis COVID-19 Policy - APAC
With circumstances changing on a regular basis and parts of our APAC team going in and out of mandatory lockdown, APAC will continue to follow country legislation and guidelines.