The team of investigators at Chainalysis are world-class problem solvers adept at covert analysis and conducting complex investigations. We help our customers with the biggest and hairiest of investigations and along the way, make the world a safer place.
Investigators are equal parts technical knowledge, tenacity, and intuition. As a Chainalysis Investigator you will measure your success by your impact on our customers’ mission and the execution and expansion of investigative support at our key customers.
Collaborating with sales, training, research, and engineering, you will position Chainalysis software, services, and data to meet client technical and functional requirements. You are equally adept at delivering product demos, executive briefings, and translating complex requirements into an organized workflow. At trade-shows and events you evangelize the Chainalysis mission of bringing trust to blockchains. When not in front of a client, you are using our tools and data to develop insights on illicit activity trends in crypto and its impact on our customers.
In one year you’ll know you were successful if you’ve…
- Provided technical advice and investigative/analytic support for extremely difficult, complex, technical, and highly sensitive investigations and initiatives pertaining to cryptocurrencies.
- Become a sought-after and trusted advisor to investigators, analysts, and leadership within your assigned account and provided training and guidance to other investigators and analysts.
- Reviewed the adequacy and completeness of investigations and the data collection methods to determine the authenticity, veracity, and pertinence of that data resulting in more thorough investigations or analytic assessments.
- Prepared in-depth summaries of data from extensive research and analysis to set forth recommendations for investigations, lead follow-up, and potential risks that could hamper an investigation that have led to meaningful results related to the customer’s mission.
- Developed a comprehensive understanding of customer requirements and built an analytic workflow that effectively prioritizes and delivers quality products.
- Helped grow customer interest/acceptance of Chainalysis investigative capabilities through enhanced analytic production.
- Demonstrated an advanced ability to present investigative conclusions, provide training, and engage in strategic discussions with key customers.
- Received the Chainalysis Reactor Certification and the Chainalysis Investigations Specialist Course certification and can expertly navigate open-source blockchain analytic tools.
A background like this helps:
- TS/SCI clearance required
- Intelligence analysis experience, including significant experience writing complex reports and analytical products for senior executives
- Forensic experience related to dark web, counter-terrorism, cryptocurrency tax, drug enforcement, and/or insider threat investigations or technical analysis
- Insatiable curiosity about cryptocurrencies and the growing market
- Ability to travel (up to 25%)
- Chainalysis Reactor Certification (CRC), CISC a plus
At Chainalysis, we help government agencies, cryptocurrency businesses, and financial institutions track and investigate illicit activity on the blockchain, allowing them to engage confidently with cryptocurrency. We take care of our people with great benefits, professional development opportunities, and fun.
You belong here.
At Chainalysis, we believe that diversity of experience and thought makes us stronger. With both customers and employees around the world, we are committed to ensuring our team reflects the unique communities around us. Some of the ways we’re ensuring we keep learning are an internal Diversity Committee, Days of Reflection throughout the year including International Women’s Day, Juneteenth, Harvey Milk Day, and International Migrant’s Day, and a commitment to continue revisiting and reevaluating our diversity culture.
We encourage applicants across any race, ethnicity, gender/gender expression, age, spirituality, ability, experience and more. Additionally, if you need any accommodations to make our interview process more accessible to you due to a disability, don't hesitate to let us know. You can learn more here. We can’t wait to meet you.
Applying from the EU? Please review our Candidate GDPR Notice.
By submitting this application, I consent to and authorize Chainalysis to contact my former employers, and any and all other persons and organizations for information bearing upon my qualifications for employment. I further authorize the listed employers, schools and personal references to give Chainalysis (without further notice to me) any and all information about my previous employment and education, along with other pertinent information they may have, and hereby waive any actions which I may have against either party(ies) for providing a reference. I understand any future employment will be contingent on the Company receiving satisfactory employment references.
Chainalysis COVID-19 Policy - USA
All employees are required to have or obtain a COVID-19 vaccination as a condition of employment at Chainalysis, unless an exemption has been approved. All employees shall be required to report their vaccine status. All new employees shall be required to provide proof of their vaccination status prior to the start of their employment.
Chainalysis COVID-19 Policy - EMEA
As an employer, Chainalysis is obliged to ensure a healthy and safe working environment. This means that we must try to prevent the coronavirus from spreading inside the workplace and all employees are obliged to follow the local regulations issued by the relevant health authorities.
- To help support a safe work environment, we encourage all employees in EMEA to get fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
- Employees will not be required to attend an event or in-person customer meeting.
- Employees in the EU and the UK are allowed to travel internationally for internal meetings to any country deemed “green or amber” by the EU and the UK authorities. All attendees for Chainalysis in-person events or meetings will be required to adhere to the following guidelines:
- International travel will only be permitted if you receive approval from both your manager and Executive Leader
- You must familiarize yourself and comply with any screening/safety protocols imposed by the entity/individual hosting the in-person meeting or event
- You must comply with any and all safety guidelines and travel restrictions established by applicable law
- If you are in close or proximate contact with others at the event/customer site and test positive for COVID-19, you must immediately notify the People Team and avoid contact with others for 10 days
Chainalysis COVID-19 Policy - APAC
With circumstances changing on a regular basis and parts of our APAC team going in and out of mandatory lockdown, APAC will continue to follow country legislation and guidelines.